“Just off the strip. Quiet neighborhood. Nice.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #8 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Indiana, USA
“Just off the strip. Quiet neighborhood. Nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Got a good deal online for a one night stay here. The suite we had was like an offset, double room. Big enough for family of five, but tighter than some full-on, real multi-room suite offerings. But great deal, imo. This feels like mainstreet USA, neighborhood; and feels miles from the flashy main drag in PF. Good hot breakfast. I got up two hours earlier than the 7 am (?) breakfast start. Socialized with the staff and they fixed me up with food well before I would have ever expected them to. I would say this is good for families not looking for such a din of excitement. The other folks I saw there were of a more advanced age the many families. But that's ok, too. Again, very peace area, babbling brooke adjacent to parking. We will look to stay here again. And we did, in fact, but they were sold out later in the same week as we would have been passing by.

Room Tip: Steps up to side entrances. Not ramp. So be warned for wheelchairs, mobility carts, and even rolling...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are a hidden gem right off the main strip. I am glad you chose Mainstay Suites as your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent two nights at the Main Stay Suites in Pigeon Forge. We have visited Pigeon Forge several times in the past and stayed at nice hotels, but this was undoubtedly the best. The hotel is about 1/2 mile off the main road, so it was quiet and dark at night. After a couple of long days as tourists, that was greatly appreciated. The room had two queen beds (ours was very firm and slept very well) plus a couch with a pullout bed. There was a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and sink. The nightly rates were very low, the room was clean and the service was very friendly. The breakfast buffet exceeded our expectations: the food was fresh, the biscuits and gravy were tasty and they had a waffle maker that the kids enjoyed.

We will definitely stay here the next time we visit the area.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms on the front side of the hotel have a nice view of the grounds and the mountains.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We are so glad that your stay was great here at Mainstay Suites. We are a cozy, family friendly hotel just right off the busy strip for a great relaxing time. Hope to see you again soon.
Cookeville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved this hotel. It was nice and clean. Nice looking pools and pretty outside.....but a few things need working on, the breakfast area was to small and there were small containers for food so we never really got any thing that we wanted to eat...the sausage and eggs were always empty....they would only fix small amounts each time and they were taken as soon as they came out, needs to be bigger fuller containers of them, I saw busses there so it was full and no where to sit and then ppl would sit and talk and drink coffee and keep the tables occupied. So the breakfast def needs tweaking. Also the bathtubs were so deep I had a hard time getting in and out of them. I read where other ppl had a safe charge and just checked my bill & I have one also...why is this??....should that not just be included in price & we didn't use it & was never told it would be charged or taken off.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts of how we can improve our service to our guest. We look forward to having you back soon.
Delton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Main Stay. It was a beautiful motel, the room size suited our family.
The trolley stop at the motel made it easy to get around without using our vehicle. The breakfast was yummy...only wished they had fresh fruit instead of canned. Everything else was great. The hotel staff was friendly, and helpful. The pool and hot tub areas were clean, a big plus. So many motels have dirty hot tubs...this one was clean! My mom and my sisters stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed our vacation together with help from Main Stay. We will be using you again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you soon.
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I used to stay at this property when they first opened. This was my first time back here for several years. I must say that I was not disappointed. My family and I only needed the room for 1 night. We were about an hour early before check in, but they had a few rooms open and let us check in early. This was a good thing as my wife had just come down with a stomach virus and she was able to rest. The ladies at check in were very friendly and helpful.

Rooms are great. We had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. There was a great mini kitchen. My youngest daughter loved it because she had plenty of room to run around. My biggest pet peeve is carpet, and this hotel appeared to have clean carpets. The bathroom was a nice size and was clean also. There is a full kitchen as well, so this place would be perfect for a long stay.

Breakfast in the morning was very good. My daughters loved the waffles because they were in the shape of a bear (although you couldn't tell since my wife had issues getting them out of the waffle maker.)

Here is my only issue. At check in I was advised that there would be an in room safe charge on my bill, but all I had to do was to go to the front desk in the morning and ask for it to be removed. Now, if that is all it takes, then why charge it on the front end? I did appreciate them at least telling me, I have stayed at other properties under the choice hotel chain that tack it on and never mention it one time to you.

So I would definitely stay here again, I just think that it would be better service to not charge it on the front end.

1 Thank bobby31
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank for you for staying with us at Mainstay Suites and your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lexington, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went for a quick trip over fall break with my son. Had a one bedroom suite. Very nice to have 2 t.v.'s. Kitchen set up was great to have a full fridge and breakfast bar to eat at. Internet worked wonderful. Everyone that worked here was friendly and nice. Libby at the front desk is wonderful. Even though we did not swim but had a indoor and outdoor pools ~ outdoor open in October which is different and great! Away from the Parkway so peaceful and quiet~ surrounded by a farm land. Has a creek runnign beside the property. Did not have a room with a balcony but next will!!! Cannot wait to stay for a longer period next time!!!

Room Tip: Get a balcony
1 Thank kygirlie
Thank you for the kind comments. We can't wait for you to return to Mainstay Suites
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay. We went for a marriage retreat and the staff worked very hard to make this a memorable experience. The hotel us very clean and up to date. The rooms were spacious. The breakfast was great. The only change I would make would be to update the mattresses and offer king size beds as opposed to queens only.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guest we loved having you here as well