“Great Hotel”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved this hotel. It was nice and clean. Nice looking pools and pretty outside.....but a few things need working on, the breakfast area was to small and there were small containers for food so we never really got any thing that we wanted to eat...the sausage and eggs were always empty....they would only fix small amounts each time and they were taken as soon as they came out, needs to be bigger fuller containers of them, I saw busses there so it was full and no where to sit and then ppl would sit and talk and drink coffee and keep the tables occupied. So the breakfast def needs tweaking. Also the bathtubs were so deep I had a hard time getting in and out of them. I read where other ppl had a safe charge and just checked my bill & I have one also...why is this??....should that not just be included in price & we didn't use it & was never told it would be charged or taken off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts of how we can improve our service to our guest. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Main Stay. It was a beautiful motel, the room size suited our family.
The trolley stop at the motel made it easy to get around without using our vehicle. The breakfast was yummy...only wished they had fresh fruit instead of canned. Everything else was great. The hotel staff was friendly, and helpful. The pool and hot tub areas were clean, a big plus. So many motels have dirty hot tubs...this one was clean! My mom and my sisters stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed our vacation together with help from Main Stay. We will be using you again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I used to stay at this property when they first opened. This was my first time back here for several years. I must say that I was not disappointed. My family and I only needed the room for 1 night. We were about an hour early before check in, but they had a few rooms open and let us check in early. This was a good thing as my wife had just come down with a stomach virus and she was able to rest. The ladies at check in were very friendly and helpful.

Rooms are great. We had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. There was a great mini kitchen. My youngest daughter loved it because she had plenty of room to run around. My biggest pet peeve is carpet, and this hotel appeared to have clean carpets. The bathroom was a nice size and was clean also. There is a full kitchen as well, so this place would be perfect for a long stay.

Breakfast in the morning was very good. My daughters loved the waffles because they were in the shape of a bear (although you couldn't tell since my wife had issues getting them out of the waffle maker.)

Here is my only issue. At check in I was advised that there would be an in room safe charge on my bill, but all I had to do was to go to the front desk in the morning and ask for it to be removed. Now, if that is all it takes, then why charge it on the front end? I did appreciate them at least telling me, I have stayed at other properties under the choice hotel chain that tack it on and never mention it one time to you.

So I would definitely stay here again, I just think that it would be better service to not charge it on the front end.

1  Thank bobby31
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank for you for staying with us at Mainstay Suites and your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went for a quick trip over fall break with my son. Had a one bedroom suite. Very nice to have 2 t.v.'s. Kitchen set up was great to have a full fridge and breakfast bar to eat at. Internet worked wonderful. Everyone that worked here was friendly and nice. Libby at the front desk is wonderful. Even though we did not swim but had a indoor and outdoor pools ~ outdoor open in October which is different and great! Away from the Parkway so peaceful and quiet~ surrounded by a farm land. Has a creek runnign beside the property. Did not have a room with a balcony but next will!!! Cannot wait to stay for a longer period next time!!!

Room Tip: Get a balcony
1  Thank kygirlie

Thank you for the kind comments. We can't wait for you to return to Mainstay Suites

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay. We went for a marriage retreat and the staff worked very hard to make this a memorable experience. The hotel us very clean and up to date. The rooms were spacious. The breakfast was great. The only change I would make would be to update the mattresses and offer king size beds as opposed to queens only.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for being our guest we loved having you here as well

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel itself is beautiful. The breakfast,i am sure would have been great,if we could have gotten to it! I suggest to the hotel ,when you have a convention booked,you have the convention people in a different area,to get their breakfast and eat it. Our experience was horrible, as far as trying to get to the food,and no tables/seats, the whole time breakfast was out. Once,when we got in line,several rude convention guests,shoved us out of the way, basically took over the whole breakfast area. We got this hotel,d/t the hot breakfast,saving money,etc, but we had to give up and forget it.

Room Tip: Balcony is nice and relaxing
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
MainstaySuitesPF, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for staying at Mainstay Suites in Pigeon Forge. We want you to live like home while here.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were greeted by the staff when we checked in and gave us a beautiful main floor suite with easy exit. That was just the beginning, the hotel was very clean.The suites were just like being at home, with a full kitchen and bar with comfortable beds. The shower was also wonderful, never ending hot water, with a great shower head. Hope to return here for the next reunion.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

We enjoyed having you at our hotel and we want you to "Live Like Home" while here as our guest. We look forward to seeing you soon.