“Loved Motel, hated mattressess”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We loved the motel. We loved the location and we were there between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was beautiful. I will call and see if they have updated the mattressess before I go back. I will not stay again with the beds like they are. There is no good rest there. They did tell me in Nov. 2007 that they were going to change matteressess. We'll see!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2008

This was our 2nd time back to this hotel. We stayed 2 nights at Christmas time in 2006 and liked it so much we booked early to stay 4 nights at Christmas time in 2007.

The location is PERFECT. Right off of the main strip, but close enough to get to everything in minutes. The pool is perfect for the kids to enjoy and the breakfast in the mornings has a decent amount of foods offered. Although they have ample seating in a spacious room ..... it can get crowded. We found it best to gather what we wanted and we took it up to our room. This worked out great.

We get a suite with (2) beds and a fold out couch. The kitchen area and "work" space are great. A full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, dishwasher and two burners. The bath is not too small and they have a good amount of cabinet/drawer space.

We had no problems getting clean towels each day and they would pick up our trash too. All you had to do was call by 11:00am.

They have alot of TV channels to choose from and wireless internet service.

Our only complaint ..... and we left this message again on the comment card ...... was the mattresses. They are very FIRM!!!! It does not make for a good night sleep. My son had the most comfy mattress and that was on the couch bed. Some pillows were better than others, but we bring our own.

I would recommend this hotel and we will be booking again in late January for another stay at Christmas. This area is BEAUTIFUL for the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank piglet001
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights in early August for a quick getaway. Check in was quick and friendly. We were impressed with the room. Having the kitchen was a great help. There was even dishes, that surprised me.

The pool area was great. The lazy river was too hot to use but my daughter still had fun with it. The breakfast was good but busy. Nothing brings out the crowds like free food! I have no complaints and would stay here again.

We really liked the location away from the hustle and bustle of the main drag. Some popular properties in Pigeon Forge looked like they were on top of each other.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank cruiserkaren
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I selected this hotel because of a reasonably priced suite-type hotel room. It was more than expected. It had a full kitchen including stove, dishwasher and full sized refrigerator. There was plenty of room for my family. The outside pool included a kiddie area, pool big enough to swim laps in and a "lazy river" where you could float all day if you like. My grandchildren loved it!
The indoor pool was also more than adequate and heated.

The only drawback was the quality of the mattress. It was okay but I found myself tossing and turning a little. Still, it would not dissuade me from returning.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Dudee
Reviewed September 15, 2007

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was GREAT! However, sleeping here was not as nice. It felt like you were sleeping on the floor. The pillows we also hard and shapeless. Just be aware of this before you make a reservation here.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank guinness75
Reviewed August 27, 2007

The Mainstay Suites was beautiful and we were having a great time until one of the night shift employees kept harassing us with complaints of noise. I kept insisting that he look inside our room to see that nothing was going on except eating pizza and the kids playing the playstation they had brought with them. Imagine eating pizza and you keep getting a knock on your door saying you are to loud and stomping on the floor. I would like to know how you stomp on the floor if your sitting on the couch playing a game and how can you be to loud if you are chewing pizza. Maybe we were chewing to loud. I can find another place just as pretty to stay at that maybe would appreciate m;y business. I will never stay there again. My son wanted to go there for his birthday in which I took him and we were treated badly because someone said there was noise. When I told him it could be coming from another room because we were eating and playing he said it was "IMPOSSIBLE." Tell me how it could be impossible.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank disappointed826
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We booked our stay through Orbitz and arrived around check-in time on 8/1. We loved the location since it was off the strip but close to everything. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was very good.

The hotel only has one elevator and it is very slow especially when the hotel is full.

Once we walked into our room and saw how small it was, we asked to upgrade but was informed there was not really anything larger. We had the one queen bed layout which I would not recommend. This layout made it hard to keep the bedroom cool since the A/C did not blow into this room and it felt very small.

The queen size bed we slept on had a very firm mattress which for us was very uncomfortable. We didn’t get very much rest because of this. The hotel staff and management said they are upgrading the mattresses soon but this didn’t make my stay better.

The hotel offers a light touch cleaning service where the house keeping only makes the bed, brings fresh towels, and takes the trash if requested that day. Otherwise, they don’t do a full cleaning until the fourth day.

Our issue with this is we have a 17 month old child and needed trash taken out daily due to dirty diapers. Being on vacation and based on the amount we were paying for the stay, I didn’t feel I should have to take my own trash out. On the morning of the second day we requested the light touch service and no one ever came. The third day we again requested light touch service and someone came but they didn’t really make the bed the way we expected. On the fourth day, we didn’t get the full service at all.

We met with an assistant manager the morning of our check out and he said the Manager was out of town and would contact us when he returned about our stay-never happened.
We were told since we used Orbitz, the hotel could not refund our money at all because Orbitz paid them. The assistant manager said he would discourage people from using Orbitz because of situations like these and if Orbitz keeps me from getting compensated for an unsatisfactory stay, I agree with the assistant manager.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family