“Off the beaten path, but close to everything”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Waterford, MI
“Off the beaten path, but close to everything”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Getting off the main parkway in Pigeon Forge is FANTASTIC! We've stayed on the parkway as well and you can't escape the traffic. This place is connected to everything via back streets on the west side of the parkway.

Breakfast was good, kids enjoyed the teddy bear waffles. It was spring break and they opened a banquet room for extra space and it was very nice. You have to request yogurt if you want it, but they've got it.

Pool area was decent, but, as is the norm, very hot. They did have a few doors you could sit near to cool down. Workout space had one fully functioning machine, but there was never anyone in there, so I was able to use it. Outdoor pool area wasn't opened, so we didn't get to use it, they were in the processing of making some minor repairs and getting it ready to use. Looked like a good space, though.

Room was well-equipped and was exactly what we needed. The room had a small patio, but we couldn't get the door to open, so didn't use it. Bathroom had some minor issues but they were cosmetic.

This is a extended-stay type of place so you have to request maid service but they will do as little or as much as you would like. Staff were nice and helpful. Breakfast staff had a big job to do to keep up with the crowd but handled it nicely.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Being on the first floor was a great idea for a family with small children, see if you can get a roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We are one of Pigeon Forge's best kept secrets with our location being just off the Parkway. Glad to hear you plan to stay with us on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Missouri
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This facility was absolutely a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are very roomy with kitchens. The property is beautiful. The hotel is off the main parkway but not far. It's a nice walk to the main strip. But with it being tucked back from all the traffic, it's very quiet. The breakfast was very good - cute bear shaped waffles. They have both indoor and outdoor pools. The staff were are so very friendly and helpful. Just quite impressed with the entire experience here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at MainStay Suites and for your wonderful review of our services and facilities. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Pigeon Forge. Thanks again for your generous review of MainStay Suites.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've been here for a conference. The staff is friendly and helpful and the location is beautiful. I definitely will return! I really enjoy the creek and all the ducks! Suite sizes and set up are ideal for a conference or a familyvacation. The location has a country feel with close access to all the activities and sites of Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed April 2013
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind compliments and for returning to stay with us at MainStay Suites.
Worthington, KY
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights over spring break. Overall was above average stay. Price was right, area was great because you were off the beaten path and away from traffic noise but still easy access to the strip. Error in reservations through hotels com put us in the wrong room type but Phil the manager quickly remedied that. The staff was very friendly. Pool area was over crowded 90% of the time but if you are traveling with children I guess that would be okay plus its open late for people to that plan full days and want to go to the pool after. Rooms were updated and clean, bring shampoo as the one tiny bottle would not go far.

We had a queen bedroom suite as we were traveling with our daughter who likes to stay up later and we figured a separate sleeping area would be handy. Not so much! Thanks in part to the vent and the fan that was open to the "living room" it was as if there was no wall at all. Privacy was about the only good thing about the separate room. Bed on the sleeper sofa was un-sleepable as most pull 0uts are but this one proved to be less comfortable than sleeping on the actual couch, which she did. Mattress was firm and hard sleep on but I'm used to a medium density so that was part of it. Ample parking and improvements to the pool outside and common areas will make this a contender for value based hotels in this area. Would stay again if the rates remain reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front have pretty balconies. Towards the back are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for bringing the booking error to our attention and allowing us to correct it. I am so appreciative that you chose to spend your spring break with us here at MainStay Suites and I look forward to you returning soon. Thank you for being our guest!
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Was very clean, dayshift staff very nice, breakfast was good.
Cons: They did not tell me when I booked nor on my arrival that they would be having construction done. We had to listen to a jackhammer nonstop. They decided to do a fire alarm test without letting us know first. I was curling my hair in the bathroom and it startled me and caused me to burn myself. The alarm went on for 15 minutes and the sound was piercing and loud so I also had a headache for the rest of the day. (they comped part of our bill b/c of this)
Also, the hot tub was barely lukewarm and the "heated indoor pool" was cold. The pool was cloudy it had so much chlorine in it. 3 showers I still can smell the chlorine and my skin itches like crazy.
I sent my son to the desk to see if they could do something about the hot tub being cold and the lady @ the desk was rude to him and rolled her eyes at him. We immediately got dressed, packed and checked out early.
I called the general manager to tell him about my experience and he got a bit defensive saying "we have to periodically do fire alarm checks", which I do understand, but they could have been professional about it and let us know beforehand-maybe then I wouldn't have a nasty burn on my head. The only other thing I got out of him was he said that he would speak to the woman that was working about how she treated my son. He didnt seem to care whether or not we would be coming back, so we wont. I would advise those looking for a nice place to stay not to be fooled by a fancy looking exterior, this place is poor at best.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Gaum81
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I thank you for calling me regarding your stay as I always appreciate the opportunity to speak with my guests about the quality of their stay with us at MainStay Suites. I apologize that our conversation left you feeling that I lack concern about your issues or your returning to our hotel, as that could not be farther from the way I feel. While we inconvenienced your stay with our growing pains of resurfacing the outdoor pool as well as the fire alarm testing, I appreciate your understanding the circumstances and acceptance of an adjustment on our behalf to demonstrate our regret for the issues. I certainly hope you will return as I noticed you highly rated our location, cleanliness, and suites. Thank you again for the opportunity to speak with you allowing me to use your comments and suggestions to improve the services and accommodations we offer.
Pleasant View, Tennessee
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

You feel like you are in the country, but you are only about three blocks from the parkway. Have stayed there several times. Always treated well by staff, who are very accommodating. Very nice for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We believe one of our best features is being so close to all the action, yet tucked away with some quite seclusion. Thanks for being our guest!
Nashville, TN
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a very nice property with indoor/outdoor pools, great hot free breakfast and nice clean rooms. We were attending a convention there so had to stay on the property. I thought it was rather pricey for Pigeon Forge in the winter at around a hundred dollars a day for a suite. One slight problem was the main elevator was on its last legs, very jerky.

The breakfast had all of the usual plus waffles and biscuits, gravy and sausage.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for returning to stay with us at MainStay Suites. I promise we are working hard to make you next stay even more enjoyable than your previous 4. Thanks for being one of our loyal guests!