All reviewslazy riverthe main dragmain stayfull kitchenstove topconference centerindoor poolinner tubeswaffleskitchen areabiscuitstwo blocksoff the stripqueen suiteice makerfamily reunionsleeper sofa
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed 6 nights. Disappointed there was no hot water on day 1; the phone in my room was old and dirty looking; the phone wire had a short in it and when I called about the water I couldn't hear them and vice versa; my carpet needed vacuuming (lots of lint and stuff); my commode was wobbly; and the TV was the old tube style and the picture was very dark. When someone in another room turned stations or turned their TV off, it also did mine! The walls were paper thin and my neighbors were 'gettin' bizzy' and I heard waaay too much! Their headboard abutted mine! Asking for room houskeeping is the only way to get it. You can get light touch or full (w\linen change and vacuum) if you request it by 11 a.m. I needed a luggage cart but none were availble (folks hadn't returned them to the lobby) and staff didn't try to locate any. Couldn'nt get Choice Privileges because of my room rate, they could at least give a portion of the stay some points - stay 6 nites, get 4 nites' points.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is the top tier of the Choice Hotel brand. The rooms offer a full kitchen and comfortable, modern bedding styles. The suites are of an open floor plan unless you ask for a "one-bedroom" suite, which has the same floor plan, with a wall and a door separating the bedroom from the rest of the suite. In the living area there's a couch and chair, two end tables put together to make up a "coffee table", and a TV. In the rooms with the bedroom separate, there is an LCD in the bedroom and one in the living area. The open floor plans offer a tube TV that swivels to both areas. The rooms have a full granite counter with two full size chairs so that you can eat comfortably. The kitchen is a full size. Plenty of storage and work space. There's also an actual closet to store your things in. The bathroom is small but fully functional. It's all one room, as oppossed to the lavatory being separate. There is a balcony off of the living area for some fresh aire, which is nice. What I noticed that makes me say it "doesn't pop" is that the living area furniture is of an older genre; and the lighting is really really dim. Not bad in most cases, just not over the top. Overall, it's comfortable and very clean. Check it out!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Soundsgood2me
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel is slightly off the beaten path, but is still convenient to the parkway. The exterior of the hotel is very nice with plenty of parking. The lobby area is also nice.

I have stayed here several times before with various groups. The majority of the time, the person checking me in has not been very friendly. One particular lady has always made me feel as if I was an interruption. I was unfortunate enough to deal with her on check in again this time and she certainly made me feel less than welcome. Fortunately, the process was quick and I was on my way to the room quickly.

The rooms are suites and are really well suited for families. It appears that they have partially refurbished the rooms. New counter tops, bathroom updated, new headboards, and paint. The all look up to date. The furniture, curtains, and bed coverings are still the same and somewhat dated. I found the mattress to be very uncomfortable. It could be it needs to be replaced in the particular room.

The room was clean and, as I stated earlier, it is a good place for a family.

A self serve breakfast is included with the room. In addition to pastries, bagels, juice, and fruit, there are waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Our room had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, which was perfect for the 5 of us. Kitchen had a full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave, small coffee maker and a 2 slice toaster. Had glasses, dishes and silverware for 4. One skillet and one pan to cook in. No oven. Updated decor, 2 blocks from the main street where the attractions are. The lady at check-in was very nice. The first morning, we went down for our free continental breakfast. Everything was laid out for us to get ourselves, but was cold. Had apple and orange juice, milk and coffee. Biscuits, sausage patties, re-heated gravy upon request, bread for toast, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles. That afternoon, the receptionist gave us a paper to fill out as to how much of what we wanted for breakfast the next morning and at what time. Went down the next morning thinking it would all be fixed and waiting for us, but no. Had to tell them who wanted what of the same items as the morning before, then had to wait while it was reheated. Decided to skip breakfast the 3rd morning and leave for home early. Paid $212 for the 3 nights. Has an indoor heated pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Didn't expect it to be so nice. Our ladies group from church attended a conference there in June, 2011. Very quiet location, but convenient to everything. Clean, updated, good service. Really couldn't ask for anything more. Will stay there again

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business