“Affordable accommodations, but don't expect too much” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Island Drive Lodge
Ranked #76 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Affordable accommodations, but don't expect too much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I found this place and, braving the low rating, booked it for the good price.

It doesn't look terrible from the outside, they've definitely updated the front although the rest of the hotel looks a little shabby.

The women at the front desk were friendly and personable and we had no problems there.

This place is weird- I could not find the ice machine so I went to the front desk to ask, thinking maybe there was one there. She said it was down in the corner at the end of the first floor. Apparently there's one ice machine for this entire 3-story hotel? There is also only one elevator, clear at the back of the hotel.

Our room was decent, actually appeard to have been recently painted, but the bathroom looked like crap. The walls appeard to have been fixed and repainted with different color paint. The toilet rocked on its base, the tile along the base of the wall was broken, and the tub looked pretty old.

Beyond that I really can't complain about the room as it was fairly comfortable, the pillows were lumpy but I didn't really notice that much. I can't comment on room service as we did not have them come in while we were there.

The free breakfast is OK. The best thing about it is the waffles. The biscuits are premade, very dense, and very dry. Probably would be better heated, I didn't do that. The gravy is OK. Everything else looked like standard continental breakfast fare...apple juice, OJ, cereal, prepackaged pastries, etc. We only ate breakfast there one day, we also went next door to the pancake house right across the parking lot and it was very good.

One nice thing about this hotel is that it is almost directly across from the new development called The Island- which has a Mellow Mushroom and Timberwood Grill, and is soon to have Ole Smoky and a Margaritaville. Very easily walked to, my wife and I checked it out and may stay here again just for the easy access!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ghunt81
BurkeTia, Guest Relations Manager at Island Drive Lodge, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Here at Days Inn we do work to ensure that our rooms are reasonably priced for our guests. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. There are in fact 4 ice machines located on property and we will work to make sure that information is available to all guest. Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and the excellent property location. Please know we do value all of our guests opinions and strive to ensure each visit is a great one. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Pigeon Forge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Benoit, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Pigeon Forge and reserved a room through Priceline. When we arrived, there was nowhere to park and risked being towed. We had problems getting the key cards to work, and once we were able to get the door unlocked, we walked into a huge cobweb. Upon entering the room, it had a musty smell, the carpet was dirty, and part of the bed linens were folded up in the bathroom area. The refrigerator was broken, there was pubic hair stuck to the shower stall, and we were given complimentary coffee packets, but the coffee maker that was supposed to be in the room was nowhere to be found. The night shift desk clerk was unfriendly, and after complaining the next morning, we were moved into another room which was just the same with the exception of the refrigerator working. My advice is to look past this motel when looking for a place to stay!

Room Tip: Do not get a room here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for the bad experience you had during your stay with us. Please know that we will work to address these issues. We are currently planning on some big changes for 2014. If you are in the area again please stop by and take another look at the property.

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Tahlequah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this motel before and I would definitely stay again! I have paid a lot more money for considerably lesser rooms during my traveling. The room I stayed in had nice linens on the beds and was reasonable. The air conditioning worked a little too well. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. Vending for beverages wasn't stock well so the selections were limited. The pool was a little small and there isn't any hot tub or kiddie pool. The check in staff are very friendly and helpful. They had a car show in front of the motel which was nice too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.
cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

stayed there payed there in advance 59.00 1st night 119.00 second 159 each next 2 nights ,first night was fine quiet ,,BUT TV DID NOT WORK ,called down they came up agreed TV did not work told me they fixed next day ,,next day tv not work they told me maintenance fixed it .

Woke up next morning went in bathroom roaches scattered ,5 to be exact went down stairs told me they never had roaches, at 57 I think I know a spider from a roach ,I asked if I left for the next day 159.00 day if I could get a refund they said no,.

not my ideal place to stay ,,is it yours ??????????

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends