“awakened to the noisiest garbage truck at 4:40 a.m.”
Review of Island Drive Lodge

Island Drive Lodge
Ranked #77 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Brooklyn
“awakened to the noisiest garbage truck at 4:40 a.m.”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our usual hotel we've stayed at before in Pigeon Forge didn't have any rooms available, so we thought we'd try this Days Inn. The place didn't look too bad upon checking in on the afternoon of Tuesday, April 3rd. We asked the clerk for a room on the top floor in a quiet area, away from the highway. Our room looked fine, except for the table and chairs were missing. We had to wait for them to send someone up who moved the set from the next room into ours, with my husband's help. That evening we went to one of the many great country shows in town and returned to our room at 11:00 p.m., ready for a good night's sleep, which wasn't to happen. At 4:40 a.m. we were awakened to what sounded like construction equipment right outside our room. It was so bad I got up and looked out the window to see a garbage truck emptying dumpsters! Up to that point, we were thinking of staying another night, but this event quickly changed our minds. We were disgusted and my husband complained to the front desk, who said they were sorry that happened but offered nothing. We travel several times a year, and this is the first time we've ever experienced this. We belong to several hotel reward programs, and on the rare occasion we've had an issue, we were offered extra points or a discount on our bill for inconveniences, but not here. Also, the breakfast was horrid - worst coffee of our three-week vacation, and nothing there was fit to eat. There's many hotels to choose from in Pigeon Forge and we'll try another one next time, that's for sure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Centre, Alabama
Reviewed March 30, 2012

very good breakfast,office personel pleasant and helpful. rooms were average ,clean,restful,very good for the price.

Room Tip: get 2nd or 3rd floor room facing the street for best morning light
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel has a good location. Good pools. Good breakfast. Room was large, very large...but missed the mark. It was ugly. Not dirty, just ugly. It was clean and roomy but had no personality what-so-ever. The walls were painted yellow and just boring. The staff was only marginally helpful. It was a decent price but I had to ask where my AAA discount was. This was when I checked out and they did put it back on my card that got charged before I checked out...hum. Will probably go back to Shullar Inn next time. They are consistently good and treat you like you should be treated...even if you're a smoker.

Room Tip: This is a little bit down the strip from Theater Row. If you're into the shows you might want t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Below average. Mold in the bathroom, paint flaking off wall. Thin walls. Dingy towels.

• Stayed January 2012

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Reviewed December 27, 2011

This was the third time my husband and I had stayed at this Days Inn. It is in a great location. The rooms are very nice. We will be staying here again next time we come to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank CandEver
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn for 1 night while I was visiting my mother in-law (booked 4 nights), and I will never stay in a hotel again. The rooms were okay, and the breakfast was good. But I had Cash&Jewelry taken out of my satchel while we were gone to my mother-inlaws house. I came back to my hotel to take a shower & I grabbed my satchel out of my luggage & it was empty. When I told the front desk manager I knew somebody went it my room and I was calling the police, she got all defensive saying "I know none of my staff would ever do that," "and alot of people do this to try and get back a refund when they are broke." (not to mention none of the hotel staff spoke english except the girl at the front desk) She didn't even care to look at the security cameras to see if somebody went back into my room while I was gone (because it was cleaned while i was there, so they shouldn't have went back in there IMO) ,But the police did take the security tape from her. I had my husband & 2year old daughter with me and we didn't feel safe in the room, so we left our hotel and checked out ASAP with no refund and our spending money gone. Never again. Do NOT stay at DAYS INN PIGEON FORGE!!!!!!! I was hoping to have a nice Thanksgiving weekend with my In-Laws and staying here ruined my whole vacation!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank KCfromFLA
bladenboro nc
Reviewed November 14, 2011

After reading other reviews, I was somewhat skeptical of staying at this hotel. Me and my husband was looking for a getaway at an economical price. I went ahead and booked this hotel due to an excellent priced package. I am now glad that I did. I was extremely impressed with how well our room had been cleaned. I have been at other higher priced hotels but never felt comfortable enought to use their bed linens. I always bring mine. This time I actually used their linen..True, this may not be a ritzy hotel, but it seemed to a clean hotel, which is what I am most concerned about. The staff, both day and night, were really friendly and very helpful... I must say I was pleasantly surprised.. We stayed 11/11/11 in room 238. Thanks for a wonderful 4 day weekend...Oh, almost forgot....excellent location. We were able to walk everywhere we went....

Room Tip: higher floors have less noises...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple