WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane

Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
Ranked #30 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Clean & Surprisingly Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel mainly because I am a Choice Hotels reward member so I was looking to get a cheaper price with my membership by using a Choice Hotel. The room was clean. The small microwave and refrigerator came in handy during our stay. We only stayed 2 days but our beds were made on the second day and fresh towels and soap were in the room when we returned back to the room that evening. Our last night was on Friday and the parking lot was packed so I knew the hotel was getting ready for weekend travelers. I was amazed how quiet it was in our room. I was never disturbed by slamming doors or people passing through the hall outside my room door. Swimming pools were nice and clean. Front desk staff were very nice and even called the room about an hour after our arrival to make sure our room was up to my expectations. I was very pleased with my stay and we stay again when in Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View Room. These are located at the back of the property away from the main road...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Preston T
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Preston T,

Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. You sound like you truly enjoyed every minute of your vacation with us. From your quiet and clean unit, I'm sure you awoke with plenty of energy to try out our great pools. So glad Comfort Inn gave you the relaxing vacation you deserve. We look for to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Rickman, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were very impressed with the size of our room. We were given this reservation by a timeshare company in exchange for listening to their presentation. If it wasn't classified a suite, it was huge--even if it was a suite it was really roomy. The sofa and tables were in their own little nook area, their was a nice desk and comfy desk chair and instead of just putting the microwave on the dresser, they had it on what looked like a baker's rack. My husband and I had just started eating strictly organic food so we had to bring our own bread, oatmeal, snacks, etc. The shelf above the microwave and fridge was just perfect for us to store our food for the 3 nights we were there. The walk area between the bed and the dresser was so large, 4 people could probably walk through at the same time. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. We were there during the fire in Pigeon Forge and spoke with the manager several times during our stay. He showed us pictures of the terrible fire and told us that he was offering people who had been displaced by the fire free rooms which we thought was very nice. If we ever need a hotel in this area, we will go back for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank richshar72
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Richshar72,

Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. We are so glad, you were pleased with the size of your room. We have worked hard to ensure each unit feels spacious and comfortable. In regard to the fire that took place several months ago and affected our distant neighbors. We look at Pigeon Forge as one big family, and we were happy to have been able to help in any small way we could. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here with my family (including 4 children) over this past weekend. Our stay could not have been more pleasant.
The staff upon check-in and check-out were very nice and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable; they even all have balconies which is nice. Carpets were clean which is usually the first thing I look at when entering a room. You can tell the property is an older property but very well cared for. I have stayed in newer properties that do not come close to meeting the cleanliness of this one.
Great breakfast that included Sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy.
Nice indoor pool however we ended up using the outdoor pool that is shared with the Quality Inn next door. The outdoor pool was very kid friendly!
Security of the hotel was great as you could not get in any door without a key- I even locked myself out!
Will most definitely use this property again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fl0r1dal0v3r
F10r1dal0v3r,

Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. It is so wonderful to hear you love the charm and character, we have worked hard to maintain here. As you could see, cleanliness is our top priority here. Our great breakfast never fails to amaze visitors, before they head out to our wonderful pools. We are glad to hear we will be seeing you again in the future, and can't wait till your next visit!
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice Rooms & love the security that is on & inside premises. You must have a key card to enter Motel. Very nice place to stay! My Daughter & I came so it was nice not to worry about unwanted Guests not being able to roam Hotel. Great Parking & close Resturants.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank catstolove
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Catstolove,

Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. We are pleased to know that the measures we take to ensure our guest feel safe, are noticed and appreciated. We thank you for your comments, and hope to have you back soon.
Highland Village, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is an older facility but it has been well cared for over the years. Checking-in and checking-out were both, pleasant experiences. The property was well kept and the room was fine. Very clean, nice flat-screen TV, good shower, comfortable bed, newish carpet, etc. The included breakfast offered scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits gravy, toast, waffels, etc. i.e. Just about what I had expected. It was good but nothing special. That's the good. The not-so-good was a noisy air conditioner unit. This facility has the older, through-the-wall type AC units and when mine cycled on and off (which it did frequently) it was very noisy. When I was checking-out the desk clerk asked if everything in my room was OK. I mentioned my issues with the air conditioning unit. She thanked me for bringing it to her attention, made a written note about it, and said she was sorry I hadn't told them about my concerns as soon as I heard how loud it was. She went on to say that she did not recall ever having had any similar complaints and that she was confident there was a problem with that particular unit. After the fact, she was right. I should have complained shortly after checking in.

This isn't a luxurious facility but it was (AC excepted) completely satisfactory for my 2-night stay.

Room Tip: My room had a, "mountain view" which was nice. It isn't, however, as "natural&qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Josephus972
Josephus972,

I would like to thank you for staying at Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. We are happy you enjoyed your Clean Room, Our Friendly Staff, and Our Great Breakfast. Thank you for bringing the AC to our attention, so we could fix the issue. We strongly hope to have to back for another stay in the future.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I wasn't expecting much for the price we paid. What did we find? Clean rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast, nice pools, convenient location, a nice balcony off of our room. We used both the indoor and outdoor pool. Every employee we saw spoke to us. We added days to our stay twice and the changes were handled by the friendly front desk staff. There is plenty of room in the breakfast area even at busy times. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: There is no public business center so if you need access to a computer be sure to bring your own alo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DemetraLuci
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
DemetraLuci,

Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. Here we are all about making you feel at home, no surprises, just Great Rooms, Breakfast, and Staff! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
michigan, usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked a room with the fireplace and jet tub in the bath so I can not comment on their standard room. Our visit was over Memorial Day weekend when the hotel and area were crowded. You definitely can stay here.

The good: The room was very large and quite comfortable with a sitting area and large bathroom. I will also say the staff were very friendly and everyone talked with us pleasantly as they saw us going to and from our room. We did not use the pool or fitness center so not much of a comment there. The pool was smaller and indoors. Apparently you can use an outdoor pool at the Quality Inn two doors down. The breakfast was OK being a pretty standard Comfort Inn menu.

What could be better: The table that would be used as a desk area did not have convenient access to power outlets and was dark. There was not a lamp or other light near the table. Working or using the table in the evening would be in a dark area. The breakfast room while not small was crowded over this holiday weekend.

I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
ldwheels,

Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane, and for your review of our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to experience our friendly staff. We do offer a great indoor pool, and access to Quality Inn's outdoor pool, which gives room for fun outdoors during the current warm temperatures. We will look into the lighting around the desk area, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you again for your business, comments, and review as we very much appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon.