“great stay”

Ramada Pigeon Forge South
Ranked #39 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Me and my wife were there for a week and this was our fifth consecutive year staying there! The rooms were very clean and well kept. The workers at the hotel were very friendly and would do anything to help you. Every morning the continental breakfast was delicious and the lady that was running it, Marianne, went beyond the call of duty to make sure everyone was satisfied. She ran the breakfast by herself and had everything clean and orderly and was a very hard worker with a great personality and sense of humor. Such qualities are getting harder and harder to find! Will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest at Ramada Inn. I can not say enough about Marianne; from her positive attitude, to her professional way of keeping the breakfast area neat and organized. We are very lucky to have her running our breakfast service. The positive feedback we get on her really tells a story of how much heart and effort she puts in to making sure everything is perfect for our guests. Thank you again for your kind words about all of our staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I would not recommend this property, and I won't stay here again. I booked on Priceline and thought I got a good deal.....until we arrived. After the booking, I called to confirm the room and request a King size bed. I was told on the phone "no problem, I've got it changed!". Simple enough...until we arrive and have 2 queens. The gentleman at the front desk said he had nothing about it being changed and couldn't change it because they were full. There is a "convention center" attached to the hotel that was hosting a MMA tournament. There was no parking anywhere. Walking to our room on the 3rd floor (in the building right next to the MMA matches), there were beer bottles on the stairs, and plenty of people drinking outside their rooms. Due this and the noise of the MMA match, I decided that it wasn't safe for me and my wife, so I decided to check out after only being there 2hours. I did not expect to be able to get a refund, but was surprised that the gentleman at the front desk said he would authorize it if I contacted Priceline. I did end up getting a full refund from Priceline, which was the only highlight of staying here. We ended up staying at the Hampton Inn in Severville for about twice the cost of priceline's cost for this hotel, but it was well worht it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We really appreciate the comments and take everything that you have said to heart. I regret the mix-up in the room status. We do want to prevent this unfortunate situation from happening in the future. We are re-educating our staff in ways to prevent this incident. We are very pleased that the gentleman at the front desk was of service to you. Again, thank you and please know that we really want to provide the best service to all our guests.
Grayson, Kentucky
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I were on the 3rd floor, which was a little unhandy for us old folk. But I was supprised that the room was in such good condition and very clean considering the building had some age on it. The workers were very friendly and willing to help in any way. The pleasant atmosphere made up for the inconvenience. Special thanks to Marianne, Rachel and Angela in the office and kitchen for being so nice to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Marianne, Rachel, and Angela were so excited to read this review. Thank you very much for noticing the effort each of them put in to make sure each guest is treated in a professional and friendly way. We pride ourselves on our southern hospitality that this area is known for. Also, thank you for the kind words about the cleanliness of the room as our housekeeping staff get so little recognition for the time and hard work they put in every day to make sure the rooms are clean and comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us and we can not wait to see you again next time you visit The Great Smoky Mountains.
Charleston, AR
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My youngest and myself. Spring Break, first floor near office.. This place has more negative aspects than positive. We had a blast in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Dollywood but I can't recommend this property..

The Cons: Room smelled like a wet dog that had an industrial deodorizer sprayed over it.. They do allow pets and we could tell.. Carpet in our room was so nappy that I wouldn't let either of us to go barefoot.. Overall room cleanliness pretty bad.. Mattresses were in bad shape.. Hard night's sleep.. WiFi reception was terrible and it stressed the girl and she stressed me over it.. There is a big problem with House Keeping, Facility Maintenance, and Management.. The outdoor walkways and stairs were pretty nappy too.. Needed a long over due pressure washing.. It's obvious that the property is going down hill.. I almost checked out several times because of the filthy carpet and the smell... Location was the only thing that held me there.. There was a funny smell in the kitchen area so, we didn't do the free breakfast.. Oh yeah.. before I forget, stay on the first floor!! I didn't see any elevators..

The Pros: The price with tax was 53 dollars a night. The Staff was friendly, courteous and doing the best job they could with tools they had provided.. The rooms are almost sound proof.. We couldn't hear anything out of the rooms above us or next to us. The rooms face outdoors and picked up on occasional noise from there. Coffee Pot, Microwave, and Personal Refrigerator in each room. Location, Location, Location!!! South end of Parkway one block from Dollywood Turn-Off, super easy access to Gatlinburg. Cracker Barrel, Krispy Kreme, and KFC next door. I hope they get their act together but I don't see it anytime soon...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It is disappointing to learn that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations and ensure that our guests have a fun and memorable experience of Pigeon Forge and The Smoky Mountains. We are investigating the concerns you have brought to our attention. Please be assured that we take the condition of the property and rooms very seriously. We perform scheduled maintenance checks as well as carpet shampooing and daily checks by our management team. We would love an opportunity to speak with you personally about your stay, and perhaps get a second chance at serving your lodging needs in the future. Thanks Again!