“Nice People and room was okay too”
Review of Wild Bear Inn

Wild Bear Inn
Ranked #55 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
De Leon Springs, Florida
“Nice People and room was okay too”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Tennessee has some very nice people and several of them work at this hotel's front desk. the facilities were nice. The only complaint we had was we asked for a Queen size bed but the room we had was a double bed. (a little tight but it was okay) The room was eqipped well and clean. A free breakfast was supplied by the attached Pancake house and very good food and service there also.

Room Tip: Rooms in he back are a little quieter.(no road noises)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us! We value all that our guests have to say and use each comment as a tool to make their stays with us the very best they can be! We are so sorry that your bed was not roomy enough during your stay but I can assure you that all of our mattresses are in fact Queens. We hope to see you again in the future and look forward to providing you with the superior guest services you expect and deserve. We wish you a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Bolivar, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is the third time we stayed at this particular hotel. Jake was great when we made the reservation over the phone. The only downside is that we requested a particular room, but upon check-in got a different room. It was 3 a.m. upon arrival so we were tired and I did not want to argue. Unfortunately, the room they gave us smelled like old wet dog and the floor felt as if it was not swept. We called the front desk in the morning and complained and then was given the room that I originally asked for upon booking over the phone. This room was much cleaner and did not smell. We do travel with our little dog, but really there are ways to get the room smelling better when cleaning. The only complaint with the room we requested is that I went to use the coffee pot and there was still old coffee on the bottom with mold in it along with the old coffee pod in the pot. Thought these were sanitized after each visit or at least a requirement. Needless to say I did not use the coffee pot. We would stay here again even with the few mishaps we experienced. The bottom room by the pancake house at the bottom is very noisy and the heater makes a terrible racket and the room is very drafty. If given this room request a different one immediately.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on the bottom pet floor at the end near the pool. Can take dog around the corner...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for taking time out of your hectic schedule to share your comments with us! It is with feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously provide all of our guests with the very best services possible. Allow me to apologize for the confusion regarding your room request. We try our very best to meet all of our guests special requests and take great personal pride in being able to do so. Your comfort and overall satisfaction is the driving force behind all of us here at the Rodeway Inn and it pains us to know that your rooms was not what you had expected or deserved. We will address the issue of the coffee pot with the Executive Housekeeper so that we can ensure this never happens again. We will also address the heater in that room and take the necessary steps in rectifying that problem! You will be happy to know that we are in the process of installing hardwood floors in all of our pet rooms in an attempt to cut down on the odors that are left behind by our furry four legged travelers! Again, we apologize for this most recent stay failing to exceed your expectations and promise to do a much better job on your next visit with us! We wish you a wonderful day!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great spot to start or end your backpacking trip. Right next to the park with hot water and great pancake house. Great price and accommodations. Julie was great. We stayed there the night before a three day backpacking trip on the AT. We almost stayed there another night to wind down before trip home. It is our regular spot when heading into the Smokies. Because of the location and price,it cant be beat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We value all of our guest’s comments and use them as tools to train our staff to provide excellent guest services! Julie will be so pleased to hear that she made an impression with you and will be most happy to help you make plans for your next backpacking trip to the Great Smoky Mountains. We wish you a wonderful day and safe journeys along the way!
Bradford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've stayed here before and will again. It's a great value especially when you get a free stack of pancakes and a big glass of orange juice every morning. Then you can go to the office and get coffee, cookies and popcorn from Courtney and Julie before you set out on your day in the Great Smoky Mountains.

Courtney gave me a coupon for $5 off front row tickets to the Dixie Stampede !! There are other discount coupons available, but they are only good for the upper rows. My friend and I sat in H1 and had a great time. if anyone want a Veggie meal, just tell them when you buy your tickets!

The office looked cleaner and more organized since the last time I was there which was only 5 weeks ago. This is probably due to the new counter girl Julie. She seems to really be on top of things!

One day when I came back to my room, the key would not open the door. In a matter of less than 5 minutes, the maintenance Do0d had a machine hooked up to let me in while he changed the batteries. Thank you !!

The Wi-Fi doesn't work the best in a few areas, but Jake did a reset when I was having problems and it was ok the rest of the time.

I made a reservation while I was there for next April. I hope that Courtney, Julie and Jake are there when I show up with some friends.. They make you feel real welcome !!!

Oh! I almost forgot the Pancake House Girls! What a great way to start your day. Wilda, Marie, Boo, Patience and the others that I can't remember names. Thank You!! See you all in April.. Happy holidays and have a Happy New Year................

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Alienbikerider
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Rodeway Inn Mountain Skys and the Smoky Mountain Pancake House, we thank you wholeheartedly for the kind words you have shared with us! It gives all of us great pride to know that we are helping to make our guest’s experience a memorable and comfortable one. We all work so very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy themselves and are treated like one of our family members! We wish you & your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
virginia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel could stand some minor remodeling such as carpet and furniture but overall it was clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced. We booked two rooms and we were placed side by side. The staff were very friendly and there was snacks waiting in the lobby for tired travelers. We also received two water bottles and a pack of playing cards at check-in, and a card for 10% off meals at certain restaurants in the area. The free breakfast at the Pancake House next door was very nice. We went to Dollywood and they sell tickets at the hotel (two FULL days for the price of one). The room had a small fridge but no microwave. Upon departure, we were given a package of candy..very sweet of the staff. We would def stay again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so very much for sharing your impressions with us! We look forward to hearing all that our guests have to say about us as it affords the opportunities to further improve our guest services. We are so glad that you enjoyed the sweet tea and cookies we have in our lobby! We feel that offering a little something to munch on is just an extension of the Southern Hospitality that really drives all that we do here. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area! Have a wonderful day!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel seems to a Little dated, however the service was great from the front desk and the room were very clean. My son and his family was expected to arrive a few hours later. We ask the front desk we get his check in stuff ready. They went over and above!

Room Tip: The rooms that we rented was very clean and the staff was very nice
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us! It is with insight from our guests that we are able to continuously provide superior service to all of our guests. As we are an older hotel, we work extra hard to ensure all of our rooms are clean, comfortable and without maintenance related issues. We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to providing you with the same excellent guest services and wonderfully clean rooms on your next visit to the Smoky Mountains. Have a wonderful day and safe journeys along the way!
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

After searching for hotels all over the internet I came across this one that didn't have negative comments regarding bugs, mold, etc in the hotel. And it was affordable. So I took a chance and booked it! I looked on the website and then called. The guy that I spoke to (can't remember his name) was so nice. He explained to me, in detail, why there were different prices for what seemed to be the same room. Upon check in, the girl was more robotic than friendly, but she knew what she was doing, and was just more business-like. The room smelt fresh, not like cleaning chemicals, or strong air freshener, just fresh. The room was very roomy, plenty of room to walk around. There was a safe in the room, the pillows were AWESOME!! (Coming from someone who always uses 2 pillows, but only had to use 1!) The sheets were clean, bed was clean, no stains, no mold in the bathroom, towels were average size but nice, fluffy and soft, toilet was clean and I didn't have to squat and I wasn't afraid to walk around barefoot, even though I have strict rules about using house shoes at a hotel. There was a stain on the carpet, but it just looked like something had been spilled and was a normal stain, nothing to be scared of. :) There was normal wear and tear and I guess just normal age of the hotel showing. But nothing I would consider being nasty or deplorable conditions. Check out was a breeze, and two nice ladies helped me out. Julie and Courtney were so nice, signed me up for the rewards, game me some sweet gifts, and was very helpful. Another plus for this hotel was the fact that they give you free, yes FREE vouchers for the length of your stay to get a FREE pancake breakfast. My son, husband and myself ate for 2 days for $10. There were 2 things wrong with our stay, and they were very minimal. The first, I did have a small problem regarding the reservation...I was told that they would immediately charge my card, but they didn't. I had to call back b/c the guy misunderstood my email address (not entirely his fault) and when I called back they said they weren't going to charge my card until I got there. The location was great, right on the strip, within walking or driving distance to everything. The charge was there the day before we left. But that's ok, nothing major, just a little crazy as to what was going on.The second was the hair dryer. It worked long enough for me to dry my bangs and would cut off. I think it may have had a short or something. Overall, we will return!!! Thanks for a wonderful stay Rodeway!!

Room Tip: Be sure to call and ask about any price difference. Some rooms are bigger than others, have a fridge...
1 Thank Miranda S
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We sincerely thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with us! It gives us great pleasure when our guests enjoy themselves as we work tirelessly to provide the same exceptional experience to all of our guests each and every time! Julie and Courtney will be so pleased to know that they provided a positive impact on your stay and will be looking forward to your return trip. We will have our maintenance staff check the hairdryer, so that it does not pose any impositions for our future guests; thank you for letting us know about it. We look forward to seeing you again real soon. Have a wonderful day!