“great stay = great Anniversary”
Review of Wild Bear Inn

Wild Bear Inn
Ranked #55 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“great stay = great Anniversary”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We have stayed here several times and have had good stays each time. Jackie at the front desk greated us with a smile and started the stay off great. The clean rooms, fresh laundry, and the maid service is/are great. The included breakfast is a major plus we're on a budget as most are, and the overall experience is well worth the price. Thank you all for a great Anniversary memory.

Room Tip: The back side is away from the traffic, close to door parking is great. The front has the view of t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve S
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
First let us congratulate you on another wonderful year of marriage! We know how special this type of trip is and we are so happy that you chose to spend it with Rodeway Inn. Guest service is our first priority at both the front desk and with housekeeping. We strive to help our guests create wonderful memories that they can treasure for years to come. Thank you so much for the kind words and congratulations again! We hope to see you back to celebrate next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This was a very nice surprise for $30 a night. The room was relatively spacious and very clean. It included a free pancacke breakfast (with milk) at the onsite restaurant. It is located at traffic light #10 so not exactly in the middle of things. There is a gas station and eateries within walking distance. Also had a small pool and spa out front. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you so much for allowing us to have you as our guest during your visit to Pigeon Forge! Rodeway Inn management and staff take great pride in having the cleanest rooms and best customer service in Pigeon Forge; all at an affordable price. Also, we are glad that you enjoyed the Pancake breakfast at the Smoky Mountain Pancake House. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to the Pigeon Forge area!
wooster,ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel ever since my family and I started coming to Tenn., we have tried others but, nothing compares to the comfort and friendliness of this place. We know when we leave in the mornings to do our thing and return the room will be ready for us to enter and if not the girls are very quick at getting it done so we can go in and relax before we go somewhere else. We have never had and problems with this hotel and will be coming to stay there again next year.. I even brought my daughter and her family down and my son-in-law was ah struck at the relaxing atmosphere that surrounds this hotel. So therefore I would recommend this to anyone who is traveling to Tenn. It is very reasonable in price and very warm comfortable and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: It is very quiet and that is a fact because I have been there.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ladymessenger
We are so proud to be your home away from home when you visit Pigeon Forge! It is very nice to hear that you enjoy Rodeway so much that you wanted to share our hotel family with your family. The management and staff take pride in creating an environment that presents clean rooms and true southern hospitality. We want to make sure that your trip to Pigeon Forge creates great memories for years to come. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you visit with us again soon!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is just amazing - the staff were so unbelievably nice and helpful, the room was big and extremely clean, and breakfast was good too (if you like pancakes, that is, but who doesn´t?) Really good value for the price, too, we just paid 25 dollars a night. The only (very small) downside was the rather noisy fridge. Overall, I´d recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KatharinaJ
SmokyMountainResorts, Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
First of all, let us thank you for staying with us as our guests! Rodeway managment and staff are so happy to hear that the room met your expectations and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We take pride in making sure that your vacation is the best that it can be. This starts with a clean room and friendly, smiling faces to welcome you. We are also very glad that you enjoyed the pancake breakfast! Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
South Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Mom & I were back for another visit and stayed at the Rodeway again. (I think this is the first time we stayed someplace twice.) We were a little closer to the office this time and not at the far end. Everything was fine. The heat/AC was located by the bathroom, which took a little getting used to, but I think I liked it better. You didn't have the air blowing on you when sitting at the table. The room was clean and the sheets were so soft. I had to remake my bed, but I have to do that everywhere we stay. I have a thing about loose fitting sheets, so I just fix that myself. The bed was a little firm, but ok. The pillows were a little flat for me, but I take my own. Mom said they were just fine.
The pancake breakfast was just as good this time. I do recommend eating here.(Don't forget to tip. The pancakes may be free, but someone has to bring them to you & clean it up.)
The rooms are clean & comfy, the staff is great and you get breakfast. Looking forward to staying again in the spring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JRJ's Mom
We are so pleased to hear that you came back to visit us for a second time this year! Rodeway takes pride in having the cleanest rooms and friendliest staff in Pigeon Forge, so that we keep our wonderful guests like you coming back year after year. We can not wait to have you back soon and thank you so much for your kind words..
Belvedere,SC
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I booked this hotel for 3 nights and left after one. I booked with the knowledge that it was old but read that it was clean and found that to be true. However, I didnt get the customer service previous reviews said was excellent.
I told the girl at check in that a third floor room with no elevator was not going to be good as I had difficulty with my back and stairs. The ramp up to the third floor was creepy and I felt like a good place to get robbed. No dice, she wasnt moving me. Add to the fact I was embarrassed at having to just about beg for my room. I had my wallet stolen and didnt have the credit card I booked with. Choice Hotels was aware of this and had called.
Thin walls made for a miserable night as I heard the "activities" in the room next door. While they arent responsible for that, I feel the ac unit rattling like a helicopter was. Do they not check those things? I did report this at check out the next morning.
I left instead of staying because I couldnt put up with the thin walls, the "robbery ramp" and the attitude of unconcern. They bent over backwards the next morning because I had called Choice Hotels to change my reservation. The girl said she had called to see if we were ok the day before. We were in the room an hour. No calls.
Thank goodness for being a Choice Hotels member as they booked me into a Comfort Inn. Mama said that going to strange hotels was like going on a blind date, you dont know what you get till you see it. In this case, I learned my lesson!

Room Tip: A room at a different hotel may be better
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank scdawgfan63
SmokyMountainResorts, Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
The Management and Staff of Rodeway Inn are very disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay. Due to availability we were unable to move you to another room at Rodeway Inn, but we could have gladly transferred you to any other Choice Hotel in town. Our procedure is to call and check on every guest 10 - 15 minutes after check-in. If the clerk did not actually check on you as she stated this will be investigated and taken care of. All Internet sites state that the property does not have elevators, only ramps to each floor. Rodeway Inn takes pride in providing clean rooms and great guest services. Rodeway Inn has some of the friendliest, helpful staff in Pigeon Forge, and we want to apologize that you did not seem to experience this during your stay. We do hope that you enjoyed your visit to beautiful Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Rodeway Inn in Pigeon Forge, TN for 2 nights this past week. The hotel is so conveniently located to everything. It is the last hotel on the main road in Pigeon Forge, so traveling into Gatlinburg, or anywhere else was really simple. However, it was the hotel staff that made the stay so very comfortable. They were all extremely courteous and helpful with any needs we might have had. One of the nicest, and certainly friendly and professional was a young lady name Jackie. She works the front desk, and made going there very relaxing. I had the misfortune of staying at another hotel chain the next 3 nights in Prestonsburg, KY. The difference between the staff was night and day. My family and I really look forward to staying at the Rodeway again on our next trip to the Smokies. I would highly recommend this otel to anyone staying in the area for a vacation.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 2nd floor in building #3, and it was very quiet considering it is located on the ma...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tomb719
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We are happy that you were assisted by Jackie, we are very fortunate to have a staff that believes in southern hospitaltiy. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for choosing to stay with us.