Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Dollywood
from $78.60
More Info
15,217 results
All reviews theme park wild eagle cinnamon bread roller coaster season pass six flags festival of nations tennessee tornado kingdom heirs blazing fury silver dollar city train ride water rides great park disney world bird show grist mill
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I joined dear friends of ours who moved to the Pigeon Forge, TN area late last year at Dollywood, and we had an awesome time!

To start of the day, my friend and I rented motorized scooters, as the both of us have issues with our knees, and there was NO WAY that we would be able to walk around without any assistance. We had a blast racing our scooters around the park, while our husbands played catch up.

We did not go on any of the roller coaster rides - instead, our visit focused on the shows, as well as the train ride through the park.

We loved getting up close and personal with the birds of the American Eagle Exhibit, enjoyed rocking out to the tunes of the 50s and beyond at "Dreamland", and really got into the "Great American Country Show".

Because my husband, Cary, and I are truly kids at heart, we loved riding on the "Dollywood Express" train all around the park, and enjoyed the bird's eye view of some of the more popular attractions.

Food wise, we enjoyed the value of "MIss Lillian's Country Kitchen", and our traveling mascot, Jumbo, even got her to sing a song to him!

The four of us (myself, my husband Cary, and our friends Nancy and Tony) had a blast at Dollywood, and both Cary and myself cannot wait to come back and see what we missed this first time around!!!

1  Thank Susan_YTACC
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had a good time at Dollywood and if you're in the area you should check it out. Do have a few complaints though. First, it's pricey. If you can, go after 3 one day and then you can use your ticket stubs to get in free the next day to make it more worthwhile. Also food here is very expensive-even drinks and snack. I'd say eat before you go and after you leave if you can. Biggest irritation was that we stood in line for the heat for 15 minutes or more to see the Bubble show while they only let in 4 or 5 people at a time. Then they came out and informed the rest of us that the show was full, so we had wasted our time. My 9 year old was very disappointed as it was the last show of the day. My suggestion would be to add more shows or have someone outside to do a headcount as people line up so when the maximum amount have arrived tell everyone else as they arrive that it can hold no more so people aren't wasting their time.

1  Thank Chi_townfan_7
Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all, this park is simply gorgeous. You can't even tell that you're driving up to it because it's hidden within the hills and trees. The staff here are warm and welcoming. They truly show the "Southern charm" that many people love. It is pricey to get in the gate, but the costs for food, parking, drinks, etc. were relatively cheap compared to other major theme parks. Now, when it comes to food, nobody should leave Dollywood without dining at Miss Lillian's. The buffet is $15 for adults and there's a huge line out the door (all for good reason). The chicken (BBQ, fried, and rotisserie) is simply the best. It's mouthwatering, juicy, and delicious. The rest of the food is amazing as well. Miss Lillian even comes around randomly to perform a comedy routine while you eat or wait in line. Ride-wise, Dollywood has some great rides. You shouldn't miss any of the roller coasters or the train. The shows are fairly good, with the best in my opinion being Wings over America. Eagles and other birds of prey will be flying over you and performing to raise awareness for conservation efforts. All in all, Dollywood is an amazing park. If you plan to stay all day, purchase a Q2Q pass to save time in the lines. You can easily see the entire park in one day if you do this.

1  Thank WVCoasterFreak
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It was our first time going to Dollywood and we were pleasantly surprised. We go to Disney every summer and decided to try something different this year closer to home. It was clean and had a lot of rides for the kids they had a blast. It was less busy in the morning when it opened after 3 it got very busy so we left when the lines filled up. Very nice place though, we enjoyed it very much!!

2  Thank Christy A
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had a 7 year old, so we stayed in only part of the part. He enjoyed the rides though. Left and went back later in the evening.