“Great place for kids and family”
Review of Dollywood

Dollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: The 2010 Applause Award winner, Dollywood is recognized as one of the world’s best theme parks. Spanning 150 acres and located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Dollywood offers more than 40 rides and attractions, including the Thunderhead wooden coaster, the steel thriller Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle, the first wing coaster in the U.S. Dollywood’s entertainment is recognized worldwide, having received more trophies, 20, than any other theme park for its live entertainment which showcases country, bluegrass, Southern gospel, classic rock ‘n’ roll and Appalachian music. Daily demonstrations by more than a dozen master craftsmen offer a glimpse into the authentic artistry of the area’s rich heritage. Guests visiting the Great Smoky Mountains can stay just a stone’s throw away from Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country at Dollywood Cabins. Accommodations range from quaint spaces just for two to sprawling floor plans that sleep up to 30 people. Guests are treated to sweeping mountain views while some cabins actually overlook Dolllywood’s popular Craftsman’s Valley area. Cabin guests receive exclusives such as free reserved parking at Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country and complimentary admission to Dollywood’s Splash Country.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Enjoyed just walking around and watching others. Enjoyed the gift shops and food. Didn't ride any rides also enjoyed the shows

Write a ReviewReviews (14,686)
All reviews
in 1,080 reviews
"bird show"
in 165 reviews

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We come to Dollywood about 4 times a year and love it! If you like amusement parks filled with nothing but big coasters, this isn't the place for you. I highly suggest researching the park before visiting instead of bashing it on here because you didn't like the atmosphere or rides. There are only about 4 big coasters, and it is a very southern atmosphere. Typically the only music played is Dolly Parton on country. So, if that's not your thing, this isn't the place for you. However, being from the south and a Dolly Parton fan, I love it here. It's very family friendly and family oriented. You don't see a lot of unnecessary PDA here from couples like in other places. I love brining my 7 year old niece here, my family has been visiting since I was 7. Five stars!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family had mixed reviews about this park. My kids are age 12 and 16, we are from the "North" and not really country music fans. We love to ride roller coasters, and saw Dollywood featured on a show on the Travel Channel. I found the park to be absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed the environment. Saw the Great Country Music show, it was above average. The new coaster, Wild Eagle, was the best ride in the park. I highly recommend riding in the first car to get the feeling of flight. Every other roller coaster (only 4 other "thrill rides") provided very jerky rides, and we didn't want to go on them again. The wooden roller coaster didn't even have a big drop. I highly recommend paying the extra $20 at ticket to get a Q2Q pass, so that you can bypass the long lines. We had no desire to go back a second day, as we only really liked the one ride. It was a bit pricey, and crowded. Rides load slowly, I guess the southern life style pace?
Definately not the same calibar park as Disney or Busch Gardens, in regards to efficiency or crowd management. Worth a visit, particulary if you like a pretty southern environment, and country music. Was also surprised they didn't search our bags at the gate- like most other major attractions.

1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family visited Dollywood with no knowledge of what to expect. To our pleasant surprise, we discovered a premiere facility with attractions for all ages. The grounds were immaculate and the Dollywood employees could not have been nicer. The prices are extremely reasonable. We were able to see the entire park in one day, however, I can see where it would be quite easy to spend several days there if you want to visit all the live shows. This is a first class facility which we will definitely visit again.