“Dollywood and Doggywood”
Review of Dollywood

Dollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: The 2010 Applause Award winner, Dollywood is recognized as one of the world’s best theme parks. Spanning 150 acres and located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Dollywood offers more than 40 rides and attractions, including the Thunderhead wooden coaster, the steel thriller Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle, the first wing coaster in the U.S. Dollywood’s entertainment is recognized worldwide, having received more trophies, 20, than any other theme park for its live entertainment which showcases country, bluegrass, Southern gospel, classic rock ‘n’ roll and Appalachian music. Daily demonstrations by more than a dozen master craftsmen offer a glimpse into the authentic artistry of the area’s rich heritage. Guests visiting the Great Smoky Mountains can stay just a stone’s throw away from Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country at Dollywood Cabins. Accommodations range from quaint spaces just for two to sprawling floor plans that sleep up to 30 people. Guests are treated to sweeping mountain views while some cabins actually overlook Dolllywood’s popular Craftsman’s Valley area. Cabin guests receive exclusives such as free reserved parking at Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country and complimentary admission to Dollywood’s Splash Country.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dollywood and Doggywood”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family and boyfriend who were visiting from out of state wanted to go to Dollywood for the day but my parents had brought their Jack Russell down as well. Thankfully, we found out about Doggywood and managed to luckily book the last available space for her that day. Thanks to Doggywood, my entire family got to enjoy a great day and not have to worry about leaving the dog alone in my apartment. We were able to visit her whenever we wanted which was great since she has some anxiety issues. Food and shows in the park were amazing and the souvenir cups were a great value since it was super hot that day. We drank so much sweet tea that the cup paid for itself!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank PixieSprite

• Finnish first
Wendell, North Carolina
“Not enough time”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

not enough time, shows were full, we were there on a Wed & park was closed the following day & we were leaving town, we did not feel we got our money's worth.

Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dollywood Fun”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had lunch in the park at Ham & Beans and again choose the vegetarian option and got a salad. This restaurant had true home cookin…southern home cookin. Collard Greens, pulled ham, mashed taters/gravy, cornbread and more. My salad was delish and very fresh! I love that this theme park is not packed full of fried greasy foods. Trust me, one meal at Ham & Beans would fill up anyone for hours! I also enjoyed the best raspberry cobbler there. I know, not on my diet…but who in their right mind would pass this up?

I decided to take in a show while I was in the park and went to the Dreamland Drive In. I was so entertained and didn’t want it to end. The actors and actresses were top notch and had the most beautiful voices. I felt like I was in Glee, participating in singing along with several very well known songs. This was a very high energy, moving performance. I highly recommend you take in a show (this one if possible!) while you are visiting Dollywood.

The prices thru out the park were very reasonable and I ended my trip in the gift shop looking at personalizable Christmas ornament that were just $7.99! I have not been to Dollywood during their peak season (I’m guessing summer!) but I know that October is a great time to go. The weather was great and the crowds were reasonable.

I of course had to try pumpkin flavored taffy and I hate to report that I did not enjoy it…and I love pumpkin everything! They had so many flavores and a huge candy shop full of ole time classic candy and fudge. I am confident that I would have spent tons of money there if I had come with my kiddos. Yumm!

Thank you Dollywood for creating a family fun environment to enjoy a huge assortment of entertaining venues, be it rollar coasters, fair games, great food, or even shows.

The price to get into Dollywood is $56 for adults and $44 for kiddos.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went during the Gospel/craft month. Heard good music, rode the train, got our picture taken, saw beautiful decorations, shared a wonderful cherry Danish about the size of a dinner plate! Big crowd, but not crowded. Clean!!!!!!!

Cincinnati, OH
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Better than expected”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited Dollywood with my parents. We were not expecting to enjoy it as much as we did. We were staying in a cabin so we used Doggywood to kennel our dog for the day. It was great. We were able to go in and out to walk him and check on him.

The shows we saw were very good. The bird show was the best. The rides were good but it seemed like it was either kiddie rides or extreme. Not much for my parents.