“Good room for a nice price.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #83 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Newport, Tennessee, United States
“Good room for a nice price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms have been remodeled and painted the staff very helpful .I stayed here a few years ago for a car show when it was a Family Inn. It is much cleaner than it was then . The staff has greatly improved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is another dated hotel on the Pigeon Forge strip... but honestly, they all are really... which is why they're so cheap!

The rooms were decent. The shower wasn't sure when it wanted to be hot or when it wanted to be cold. We had a group of us spread out in a few rooms, and they did have one building of the complex closed, but opened up the 2 suite rooms for us. They were ok, but the phones didn't work. Another room didn't have a working coffee pot. But the location was pretty decent. At the far end, just off the back road to get to Dollywood. And if you can get across that road, that back road will take you darn near to the other end of the strip avoiding annoying traffic and stop lights.

All in all it's pretty quiet tucked by one of the show buildings, so there's not a lot of people around in the evenings. If you're looking for a cheap place to pretty much just sleep? This is it.

They do not have breakfast!! or a restaurant on location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank iagomega
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I stopped at this place after arriving in Pigeon Forge without reservations. Insane, I know. I went into the office and requested a room. I was told that there were no remaining rooms in the hotel area but they could give us a room in their "courtyard". Okay.

So, turns out, this "courtyard" is some old, run down motel they must have bought from some defunct motel. The sign was literally hanging off. I have pictures somewhere, I'll upload when I find them. I was leary of this immediately but decided to check the room out. The door didn't shut right and the only lock was a push button type lock. Very easy to pick. There were a bunch of crackheads in the other rooms and it appeared they were residential, not just vacationers.

I went back to the desk and demanded a refund. The girl said "I don't blame you". So, they know what they're renting out isn't fit for humans. Interestingly enough, they suddenly had an available room in their regular hotel. The room was reasonably clean but it was, hands down, the smallest hotel room I've EVER seen. Basically, only room for a double bed and TV. That's it.

There was a small store nearby that was convenient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Jasper, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were on a very limited budget and decided to stay the night here.

We were greeted by the manager putting his clothes on as he stepped out of his room. Horrible first impression. The sign out front said one price and the front desk quoted more, because there were two of us staying... That's ok, but not ideal. We arrived at our room via a very steep ramp. The room looked ok, of course it was nothing fancy. However, the a/c unit was missing its front grill and the room could have used much updating. I found hair in the towels and the television was fuzzy.

We decided to cut out a day early because some friends came into town and invited us to stay with them. The manager did not allow any refunds but offered that next time we are in town, he would heavily discount our stay, if we reminded him. Ummm... I think not.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the ramp.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andy H
Piney Flats, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

My husband and I took a trip here for 4th of July weekend. And we booked this place online because of the price and it had everything we were looking for in a hotel, pool, breakfast, micro and frige in room. But when we got to our room i was very disappointed, although it was clean, it just really needs to be updated. it still uses regular keys, has a window unit air conditioner......and the breakfast was nonexcistent. Unless you consider breakfast them opening up a pack of honey buns and drinking a cup of coffee or orange juice with it. The tv was constantly fuzzy and didn't half work. the pool was clean and the children did enjoy that. They got points for the staff being very friendly. But i would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
bigsandy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

1 room air did n t work 2 roo dirty carpet ,mirror messed up tv wouldn t work ,frig would open and the worst thing for us was the nasty pool 3 days there and it stayed nasty so we would not swim

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tubby666
Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

I just got back from Pigeon Forge after visiting my brother who lives there and camping in the Smokies.
My first hotel I stayed at was the Family in South which is located at the far end of Pigeon Forge right before the pass to Gatlinburg.

I never had thought in any sense to have to inspect rooms before I check in, never in my worst imagination or history would ever lead me to have to but now...every time.

When you register it has a place to initial that states NO REFUNDS. Who does that unless there is a history.

The rooms was cleaned but run down, cracks on the walls, exposed wiring and flea's. No BS and I have pictures.

One huge complaint is coming back from my brothers at night was a drainage hole in the middle of the driveway entering the hotel which I did not notice before. I drove right into it ripping my front bumper from my brand new 2009 Toyota Corolla. After complaining to the manager she said that they were not responsible for anything from the telephone pole to the street. My response was that it leads into your business and there are plenty of scars around the hole to prove that it's happened MANY times before but she insist that no one has complained before.

I have pictures of this as well. This is for a fight that will be later.

Being I could not get a refund I had them transfer me to another Family Inn up the road which was not that much better. There it seems that EVERY door was jimmied at one time and I literally open the door with my car key by pushing the door forward and using my key to pry the lock. As well I came back one night to find my door unlocked after the cleanup crew redone our room.

Also, and I have pictures, the Tennessee health department shut down their swimming pool. I mean WTF?
I have no desire to even step foot in Pigeon Forge much less use another Family Inn. EVER!
I checked out after my meager stay, went camping and went to an Econo Lodge with a water slide after that, of which I was very satisfied.

NB