“The heart and soul of pall mall tenn”

Sgt. Alvin C. York State Historic Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Pall Mall
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First watch the movie with gary cooper and then visit the park and as you squint into the water slowing cascading over the dam see if you can see Mrs Gracie,Alvin, or Preacher Pyle come to life at the grist mill.

5  Thank terry s

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, I'm sad to say that my wife and 3 boys had no idea who St. York was until I decided that we needed to make the drive up to see his place while on Fall Break in the Big South Fork Park. They were a little hesitant at first, but after we got there they all seemed to really enjoy it. We stopped at the General Store first. They have a video narrated by Walter Cronkite that was ok, but I felt it really didn't do him justice. It actually left me feeling a little disillusioned. I grew up hearing stories of WWI from my Great Grandfather. Being from KY and feeling like we had a little claim to him as well since he grew up only about 10 miles from the state line, Sgt. York was one of my childhood heroes. Aside from the video, I loved seeing his home and walking the trail down to and across the river to the Cemetery where he's buried. My wife ended up buying about $75 worth of cookbooks at the Store. Just had the German Potato Salad from one of them tonight...Awesome by the way!

4  Thank kerry a
Reviewed October 21, 2012

great park for kids and picnicking. beautiful little property with playground and pavilions. nice small waterfall and rocks you can climb on. kids love wading in the river and catching crawdads.

2  Thank ripstied
Reviewed October 6, 2012

There's lots of history in this town. Alvin C York was born here, ran a mill here, and is buried here. The mill is cool and you can climb around all in it.

3  Thank West-Ky-Travelers
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We took the entire family to Sgt. York's home today. It was great seeing where a true hero was born, raised, lived and died. It's worth the short drive to beautiful country.

3  Thank dleathers