“They're Ba-ack!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“They're Ba-ack!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had dinner there a couple weeks ago... They're back and better than ever! Rebuilt after their fire, you'd hardly be able to tell that it was ever crisped up.

• Visited May 2012

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great pizza otherwise well, you're on your own”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We went to Rafael's because I like pizza and we never tried it. As we made our approach I noticed that the exterior art work looked just like Gondoliers. Interior looks like a throwback to mid-80's. One interesting touch is that they have advertising for local merchants on the tables hopefully those places are still in business at the same number because they are sealed in the tables.
Anyway, we didn't go there for decor we went for pizza. I ordered a small cheese pizza and you get 2 for 1. The pizza was awesome, great sauce, cheese, and crust. The second one tasted even better the next day!
Wife ordered a cheese steak sandwich. It didn't look that appealing and the mushrooms weren't fresh they were definitely fresh out the can. The fries weren't my fav they weren't crispy but the wife liked them.
If we ever visit this restaurant again I'm sticking with pizza it's what they do best.

• Visited March 2012
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“Whhhhyyyyyyyy? Noooooooo!!!!!! Please rebuild!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Having found a fantastic place with a diverse menu of pizza types (white/margharita were a favorie) we were crushed to find that in early December they suffered a fire. Hopefully the damage wasn't too extreme and they will rebuild - if anyone sees they're back - let us know. If I see they're back, I'll post as well!
That said, they make great pizza - I've not ordered anything but pizza there, but their other food looked good too as we walked in to pick up our food. The only thing that precludes a 5 circle rating is that you must MUST check your order before you leave - we have found that sometimes we receive one pizza that we ordered and one surprise pizza. It's ok - at our house we're pretty pizza-venterous, but not everyone can say the same. Since they don't deliver and we only order take out, that's my best "pizza" advice for you!

• Visited November 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Value. My Favorite Pizza!”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

This pizza place has double cheese pizzas for about 7.50 per pie. Add some red pepper and parmesean and you're set. Best pizza ever. I usually buy a bunch so I have leftovers. This is my favorite pizza place mostly because of the taste but somewhat because it is so much cheaper than somewhere like Dominos. It is great leftover! The Hixson location doesn't know how to make pizza like the Ooltewah one. Make the drive! The double cheese pizza is clearly the best thing on the menu.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook