“I have never seen dirtier hotel”

Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ooltewah
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever seen. We booked with Hotwire so we had to prepay and were offered no refund. The hotel was so dirty we immediately checked out after opening the door to the room. We were out 120 dollars and spent the night in our car because there were no more available hotels we could find. I would avoid this hotel like a plague, if you can't find a hotel recline your seats before to try this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed April 10, 2012

When we arived, check in was a fast and friendly.Got to the room it was clean and looked good.When we tried to go to sleep was when the problem started.Every couple of minutes there was a clunk behind the wall in the bathroom.It sounded like something was hitting a piece of wood.I have no idea what it was ,but it kept us awake most of the night.The next morning I told them about it,and was told that they have had people tell them the same thing before.They think it is in the plumping.The way I look at this is that they need to do something about the problem rather than ignor it.It is not going to fix it's self.I would have given this place a better review if I could have gotten more than a couple of hours sleep out of ten hours we where there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnDeFuniakSpg_Fl_
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stopped here for a quick stay before going to our next hotel (one about a train) the next day. The price was reasonable and the rooms were clean and up to date for Super 8. The hotel room was very close to the rooms we stayed at at the above mentioned hotel that was $100 more! Good for Super 8, not for the other. I recommend this as a place to stay when passing through.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was driving from Atlanta to Sevierville-a short trip; however, a late Friday start after an extremely tedious work week found me exhausted by the time I neared Chatanooga.

I decided to take a 'pit stop' and find respite in as economical an establishment as possible.

I saw the Super 8 sign and headed toward it.

I was greeted warmly and thrilled to learn that I could save $5 b/c I had my Triple A card.

My room was 206 and it well satisfied all my needs. I did not need the micro, fridge, or iron/board; however, I made mental note -for future reference-of their being there. There was also a coffee maker & coffee in the room.

The comp breakfast was all carbs(English muffins, pastries, cereals, oatmeal) to eat. There was coffee, tea, and juices to drink.
It was sufficient to fortify as I continued my journey.

This was the best 'bang for my buck' I've had on a long time. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had to be in TN for a wedding and wanted an inexpensive place to stay for a weekend. We weren't looking for pampering, but just a clean place where we could sleep and shower and have free WIFI. The Super 8 filled those expectations perfectly. Everything was clean, although plain, but very servicable. The king-size bed wasn't plush, but it was comfortable enough that we slept well. The AC and the WIFI worked well and I didn't hear our neighbors at any point. Breakfast isn't a strong point, but we had their corn flakes, English muffins, and orange juice and were satisfied. If you want more, there is a Waffle House across the parking lot. Easy on and off of I-75.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LAB57
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently booked this Super 8 through Hotwire. It was the worse hotel that I have ever seen. The linen was dirty. Their was a dirty mop in the sink, bugs on the floor, smoky rooms and dirty toilets. The lobby was also dirty and their was old stale fruit loops in the cereal containers. The towels had brown spots and the once white shower curtain was brown. There was also fecal matter on the toilet. DO NOT BOOK. I had to return the keys and book another hotel.

Never book a hotel that you are not sure what you are getting. It is not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Florida, the rooms looked newly renovated and we got a great deal. They have a pretty good complimentary breakfast plus a Waffle House walking distance away, literally 50 yds.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ooltewah
Best Western Heritage Inn
Econo Lodge Airport
Econo Lodge Airport
#64 of 96 in Chattanooga
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga

Been to Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah? Share your experiences!