“Dirty, do not book this hotel”

Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ooltewah
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently booked this Super 8 through Hotwire. It was the worse hotel that I have ever seen. The linen was dirty. Their was a dirty mop in the sink, bugs on the floor, smoky rooms and dirty toilets. The lobby was also dirty and their was old stale fruit loops in the cereal containers. The towels had brown spots and the once white shower curtain was brown. There was also fecal matter on the toilet. DO NOT BOOK. I had to return the keys and book another hotel.

Never book a hotel that you are not sure what you are getting. It is not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Florida, the rooms looked newly renovated and we got a great deal. They have a pretty good complimentary breakfast plus a Waffle House walking distance away, literally 50 yds.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stopped at this Super 8 on our way up to MI and had room 133, very clean and well furnished. It was clean and odorless as well. On our return trip to FL we also choose this Super 8 and even in room 128 it was very nice. Lots of parking and easy in and out from I75. The breakfast if enough to fill you up with nice choices of food. Coffee was very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2008

My husband, our 2 dogs and I stayed at this hotel on Oct. 23, 2008 - Room 211. We knew Super 8s are pet-friendly, so we stopped for the night while traveling through TN. All seemed ok as we readied for bed. I checked under the sheets on both double beds - everything looked clean other than there were small stains (looked to be blood) on the underside of the bedspreads. When we awoke Fri. morning, I pulled the sheets back on both beds - bed bugs and blood stains all over. I checked our dogs (very clean small Schnauzers) - they looked ok. We checked our bodies - no visible red marks or bites. I had small blood stains on the inside of my pj top (smashed bugs, I suppose). We were sickened!! No way that we brought these critters in with us. I imagine they came out of the mattress or box springs at night when they sensed the body heat. We gathered all of the bugs up that we saw and flushed them down the toilet.

We advised the hotel attendant as we checked out. She said that she would pass the feedback on to her supervisor. Unfortunately, we did pay our bill. Hindsight I would have insisted that our fee be waived due to our unpleasant experience.

We have stayed at alot of Super 8s. We will never stay at the Ooltewah, TN, hotel again. More than likely we will never stay at another Super 8. We will be contacting Super 8 directly for some sort of resolution.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 19, 2006

The new owner is clearly working on turning this property around and on improving its current AAA one diamond rating. Already in the first three months, he's hired new, more helpful staff, added wireless internet, is upgrading the rooms with hairdryers, irons, microwaves and fridges and, we were told, the carpet is to be replaced within a couple of weeks. We'd stayed here years ago and were singularly unimpressed (vowed never to return!) but, after hearing about the new management decided to give it another try.

I was still dubious so asked to view a room before signing in and was pleasantly surprised with its cleanliness. I was first offered another room, however, which had not yet been upgraded and, though it had a no-smoking label, it smelled of stale tobacco, so we took the fresh-smelling but fridge-less one we'd initially been shown and happily stayed four nights.

Their breakfasts were pitifully skimpy but there's a Waffle House right next door.

All in all, while nothing fancy, this is now an acceptable and affordable place to stay and we'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank myemptynest
A TripAdvisor Member
ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2006

Bring a tent and sleep in the parking lot - it's cleaner. We stayed here twice because I wanted to give these people a break. Never again - not any Motel 8 anywhere anytime.

• Stayed: May 1999, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ooltewah
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga
4 mi away
Econo Lodge Airport
Econo Lodge Airport
#63 of 96 in Chattanooga

Been to Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah? Share your experiences!