“Fantastic Location, Great hotel and staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ooltewah
Wisconsin
“Fantastic Location, Great hotel and staff!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our family drove 16.5 hours from Wisconsin to Tennessee straight through. We arrived at the hotel at 7am exhausted on the 4th of July. Our room was ready and check in was effortless. We took a nap and then began our activities about 2pm. We were there for 4-5 days and every day the staff were friendly , helpful with giving directions answering questions and even printing out google maps etc.. On one occasion we got lost coming back from a location and we called the hotel , told them where we were and they gave us directions as we were driving to get us back to the interstate so we knew how to get back to the hotel!

It rained every day we were there and we learned things in Tennessee do not shut down for rain so we kept going. Staff were helpful in getting us garbage bags for wet things and we even used them over heads and bodies a few times to stay dry.. The guest laundry was great to have for drying things as well!

The breakfast in the mornings was your typical Holiday Inn express breakfast but they had good fresh fruit options , offered chocolate milk and silk along with the white milk and the atmosphere I think made it even better. They have a large spacious area with a down south homey feel to it and the staff was very friendly and attentive .

They have a great business center as well ,but we did not have to use it because the Free WiFi was lightening fast on our laptop! I think the fastest connection at a hotel we have ever had .

We were very please with this hotel and the staff. We even found a housekeeping person who is a Packer Fan! woohooo!

The only negative for us was the pool and hot tub had a few issues I think they were working on and the Ice machine on 2nd floor ran out of ice after 1-2 buckets of ice. Other than that it was great and those were small things compared to everything else!

Also important to note. This location in Ooltewah is PERFECT. You are within 30 minutes of everything, mountains, rafting to downtown and look- out mountain. It is kind of a central location to the best attractions in the area and 2 hours from everything else like Six flag over Atlanta, Nashville, and Dollywood/ Pigeon forge. We could not have picked a better location for what we had planned. Everything we did was no further than 30 minutes away and most of it was less.
Be sure to check out the Hamilton Mall when you are there as well. Nice shopping area!

We would definitely stay here again on future trips!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Watkinsville, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a late night stop on a roadtrip vacation. This is a very clean hotel; looks relatively new.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The breakfast was very good; try the biscuits and gravy.

The hotel is well situated for the leisure traveler in the Chattanooga area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Pretty much what I have come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express, neither better nor worse. Hotel itself looked fairly new and well cared for. Lobby was nice, staff was helpful and quick. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.
Shower in my room faucet supply lines reversed, turned on for hot water and got cold. called front desk and a maintenance came to check, showed me the correct way to turn it.
I think this property is a little pricy, will look elsewhere for a hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KiloBravo1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear KiloBravo1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. I am glad you appreciate our facilities and the service you received. It is also great to know you were assisted by our staff regarding the issues you had with the shower. My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. We hope that this experience will not deter you from returning in order for us to get a second chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Williamsburg, KY
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on road to ky from visiting family in ga and drove an extra hour than planned based on trip advisor reviewz and knowing it was a newer hotel. It did not disappoint. I have stayed at a lot of hie hotels and this is probably one of the top 3 along w Jackson tn. Right off interstate but no traffic noise when you sleep. Checked in in under 25 seconds. Platinum member stayed on points. They upgraded to suite. Room was great w comfortable beds fridge micro couch and work station. This is newer hie model w higher ceilings expanded breakfast area w work tables and small pantry if needed I think hotel is about a year old. Staff was helpful and professional. Hotel isnnear some fast food target and publix but more important only few miles from shallowford road w Hamilton place mall and everything to do and eat. So you get convenience to there wottraffic and crowding hassle. Hotel also has little extras like better landscaping and fountain outside and silk soymilk at breakfast. Highly recommend with no reservations.

• Stayed June 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express May 29-31st on the 3rd floor.

The hotel overall was very clean & well kept. This appears to be very well maintained & updated hotel compared to the other HIE I stayed in Bessemer AL earlier this year. There was always cleaning going on & I like to see that.

My room was a king room & was very spacious. Plenty of towels, wash clothes, soap, shampoo, etc. I was on the back side of the hotel which was facing the interstate & a Publix, with shopping center. Occasionally I would hear the interstate traffic but it wasn't too bad of a distraction.

Guest services personnel at check in & check out were helpful, courteous & friendly. The breakfast was sufficient for my needs (both hot & cold food were kept up). The breakfast area was clean & the personnel working in the breakfast area were cordial.

I would recommend this hotel again to business travelers, solo travelers, & family travelers.

Room Tip: As far as noise - I noted the back side of the hotel has the interstate noise. If you are a light sl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'd love to give this hotel a "5" rating... but there is one consistent area where it falls short (more on that later).

In most ways, this hotel sets the standard for the brand. Convenient access to the interstate and the facility is well-maintained and clean. The beds are supremely comfortable. The heat & A/C unit is the quietest of virtually any hotel I have stayed at. I found sleep quality consistently excellent here. The bathroom vent is better than most, which is great for the lady trying to make a "hair-do" stay in place.

The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, though on occasion they were slow to respond to a person arriving at the desk. Nevertheless, they usually make me feel like royalty.

The breakfast area is very well run and maintained - they have a phenomenal staff running it. One of the days I was there the hotel was completely booked, with lots of people in each room. Wouldn't have known a hoard of people were scarfing food as the hotel wisely had two ladies running the show and there was no shortage of food and no loss in quality. This hotel's food staff set the standard and should train other hotel's staff.

I have stayed here several times, often for several days. The consistent gripe that I have is the linens. They claim they change them (depending on when I have asked, they said "daily" or "every other day"). In my experience, they have only been changed when I specifically asked them to do so. Housekeeping is otherwise well done. If not for this nagging problem, I would have rated this facility a 5.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room here, so I can't give you any hints!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SGillinois
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here on our way home from Florida. Didn't have a reservation as we planned to drive until we were tired.
What a great stay, even though it was only for 12 hours. Room was clean and large. Had a king room with pull out sofa. Was a bit surprised to see the pull out was a single, as we were a family of 4, but king bed was large enough for 3 of us to sleep comfortably.
Hotel was very quiet even with a few youth baseball teams staying there. Breakfast was wonderful. As was the attendant- very friendly and was kind enough to forwarn us about a snow storm in Michigan that we were going to be driving through! Our kids loved the warm cinnamon rolls and the fact they could take one with them in the to go box.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ooltewah
Hampton Inn Chattanooga-North/Ooltewah
Best Western Heritage Inn
Best Western Heritage Inn
#23 of 97 in Chattanooga
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga
Address: 6274 Artesian Cir, Ooltewah, TN 37363-7266
Location: United States > Tennessee > Ooltewah
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ooltewah
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga 2.5*
The newest addition to the Ooltewah-Collegedale area, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chattanooga-Ooltewah, Tennessee! We are conveniently located to I-75 at exit 11, just a short drive to downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. With our world class service and many Chattanooga-Ooltewah businesses, restaurants and attractions within a short driving distance, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Chattanooga-Ooltewah! This state-of-the-art hotel features in room amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerator, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool, business center, and fitness center. Points of interest: Companies:, Volkswagen, McKee Foods, Enterprise South Industrial Park, US Express Hospitals: Erlanger, Cumberland Hall Psychiatric, Healthsouth Chattanooga Rehab Universities: Univ. of Tennessee-Chattanooga, Chattanooga St. Technical Community College, Lee University, Cleveland St. Community College, Southern Adventist University. Local Attractions: Tennessee Aquarium, BellSouth Park, Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park, Southern Bell Riverboat, I-Max 3D Theater. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chattanooga-Ooltewah Tennessee. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Chattanooga-Ooltewah