“Great place on the water!”

Black Pearl Restaurant at BlackJack Cove
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My wife and I went last Sunday and had a great time! Great food, the server was so nice and we've already made plans to go back this weekend with my parents. One of my new favorite spots!

Reviewed July 8, 2010

My wife and I met some friends at the Black Pearl. The food was great, the service was perfect and we are looking forward to our next Black Pearl experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I almost didn't go to the Black Pearl because of the bad reviews on here but since the few good reviews were about the food, my niece and I decided to try it anyway! I can tolerate bad service if the food is good! I don't usually write reviews but this restaurant is getting a bad rap. It was awesome from the moment we arrived! We did have about a 20 minute wait but the weather was nice and there were boats arriving every few minutes and we enjoyed the view.. Once inside, we were greeted by our server,(Amy, I think) who was very knowledgeable and friendly. I had the sea bass, perfectly prepared and the veg medley that came with was so good, I can't wait to go back. My niece had the Hawaiian ribeye and loved it. The borsin mac and cheese is not to be missed! We were so satisfied, we asked to speak to the manager and the owner came over and she was wonderful. There is no way for them to predict how many boats are coming in yet they managed to get everyone served in a reasonable time . Please, don't miss the Black Pearl, it is one of Nashville's best!

Reviewed July 2, 2010

The food was wonderful and the service was great. This was my first trip to The Black Pearl and i can't wait to go back we had a wonderful time. I had read the reviews before going and was not sure what to expect but boy was i surprised. The place was excellent! What a great time. Requested to speak to the management to let them know how great the food and service where. Great service (Amy) and great food what more could you ask for.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

There's not much that's positive that can be said about this restaurant. It is in a very nice location --- on the lake, with outside dining.

My group of six was there on a weekday evening and the restaurant was not crowded. I ordered coffee and when it came, it was obvious that the coffee was old....real old. If you drink coffee, you know what I mean. Although I asked for and received cream for my coffee, oddly enough, I was never given a spoon to stir it with.

Menu prices are high. In addition to the main entree, you get one side. Additional sides will cost you extra. If you want a house salad, you'll pay $ 2.50 extra. The cheapest meat entree was the grilled chicken breast, which I ordered along with a baked potato and a house salad.
After a very long wait, our salads arrived and a few minutes later, the main course arrived. The salad was average and came with a very small cup of dressing.

The chicken breast was small, perhaps 4 ounces at best, and had a slightly burned, mediocre taste. I can do better than that on my grill at home without even trying! It appeared to have had no marinade or basting. The baked potato was medium-sized, tasty, but served with only a thin slice of butter. No one at our table received any bread whatsoever.

I asked for a replacement cup of coffee and was told that a new pot was being brewed. After several minutes, the coffee arrived and the server poured it into the half-filled cup of bad coffee! I got that straightened out, and the new coffee was OK.

When we got the bill, everyone who had ordered salads was charged $ 3.98 instead of $ 2.50 for the salad (the $ 2.50 was prominently printed on the menu). I pointed out the mistake to the server. After about 15 minutes, we were told that the overcharge was a computer glitch and they were trying to correct it. After another few minutes, we received a corrected bill, which had no charge at all for the salad, but now a 20 % gratuity had been added (it wasn't on the original bill). Hmmmm....if you complain, they punish you by adding an automatic gratuity? Actually, the service was so poor, no one should have received a gratuity of any kind.

Anyway, we paid up and left. We did speak with the owner before leaving. The restaurant's policy is that groups of 6 or more will have a 20 % gratuity added, and the fact that it did not appear on the first version of my bill was simply a server error.

In summary, it was a very disappointing experience, with multiple problems, and I will not be returning.