“White Water Rafting”

Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Ocoee
Verviers, Liege, Belgium
“White Water Rafting”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had never been before and I had a blast!! The instructor was very skilled so he was able to help us enjoy the river experience that much more! We were always safe, but there was a definite exhilaration jumping over the waves. I would definitely go back!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

FlatsGuy, Owner at Outdoor Adventure Rafting, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
April,
Thank you for choosing OAR and I am so glad that you had an awesome experience on the water. I am looking forward to seeing you again next season. Rob

Carrollton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Whitewater Rafting / Horrible Accomodations”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I took a Youth Group up to OAR for retreat that included white water rafting and the alpine tower. I can't give enough praise for the whitewater rafting experience. The guides were awesome and the trip amazing. Our teens loved it. However, I wouldn't stay overnight or eat a thing from their kitchen. When we arrived the facilities were filthy. The air conditioning in the dorms wasn't working, the bathrooms and dorming areas were dirty, and the physical structure appeared as if it could fall apart at any minute. There was rotting wood everywhere, half completed tile work, and the worst was a 3 x 1 foot hole in the entryway of the second floor that was haphazardly patched. There were a lot of potential safety hazards. The kitchen of the Tiki Café was also filthy. Lot of code violations. Mop bucket in the sink with dirty dishes, trash everywhere, etc... I have been taking teens on 3 such trips a year for the past 8 years and consider myself very much an outdoors type of person. This was the first time that I have ever left and had my kids leave early. I wasn't about to risk my teens on Alpine Tower. If they had the same kind of maintenance on their equipment as they did their building, it would be very risky. Very disappointed in the accommodations and upkeep of the facilities. I know that OAR has gotten many favorable ratings, but I think it is for the whitewater rafting. I will tell you that when we were able to get into the offices/gift shop, they were unbelievable. It was like night and day compared to the accommodations. Great place for a day trip, but don't spend the night.

5 Thank Norma R
Norma,
I am very sorry for your experience at OAR. At the time of your arrival we had not adequately prepared for your group. The bunkhouse you were to stay in was not clean and on finding this out I immediately sent two people to clean the bunkhouse for your stay. I believe they left your group in the bunkhouse after they had cleaned around 10 pm that night. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the appearance of the bunkhouse. As far as the structure the bunkhouses, they are sound and the air conditioning was not on when you arrived but it was checked and was working.
I am very glad you and your group had such a fantastic time on the river. I am sorry that you did not do the Alpine Tower as scheduled because I believe that your group would have had another fantastic experience.
The Cafe in which you had several meals has passed all health inspections and I am sorry that you got the impression that it was dirty and unhealthy.
We literally have thousands or young people stay, eat, and do activities with us each year and we try to exceed everyones expectations. Again I am sorry for your experience and in the end, after our conversation before you left I refunded over $900 back to you.
My staff and I work very hard to make sure that every single customer experience is fantastic and they want to come back year after year. I hope that one day you will reconsider and bring your group back to OAR so that we may get another chance to exceed your expectations. Rob
Rising Fawn, GA
“It's a Team experience.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am a management consultant so I watch people work and evaluate performance at every stage. My company took a client HR team on a two day adventure. OAR played a major role by providing ropes course, climbing tower, and rappelling experiences that were safe, well facilitated and fun. The staff at OAR shined at every step from the first call through the event. The OAR team deliveres. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your comments on your experience at OAR. We work very hard to make sure that all the activities at OAR are facilitated professionally and are safe and fun. Thank you for coming to OAR and we look forward to having your group back next year. Rob
Cartersville, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Always good trip with OAR !”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been rafting with OAR at least 4-5 times. Its the only company I would use and trust to get me down the river safely each time. They also make sure everyone is having a good time.

Visited August 2013
Chris,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience. Also, thank you for continuing to use OAR year after year. That is the greatest complement of all. Look forward to seeing you again next year. Rob
Ocoee, Tennessee
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tubing - don't need guides”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was a great trip. We had 2 guides (on in front and one at end), and it was unnecessary. We can see ourselves where the trees are. I would rather pay less that $12 and do without the guides. I have tubed in GA and it only cost $3-5. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be. It is not an all relaxing ride, but beautiful.

Visited August 2013

Janet,
Thank you for your comments. The reason for the two guides is for safety. We have so many varied groups that we take tubing, I want to a make sure that everyone gets down safely and has a great time. Over the years we have tried tubing several different ways and have found that providing a guide is the best way to go. Thank you for coming and hope to see you next year. Rob