“The absolute best!!”

Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Ocoee
Columbia, Tennessee
“The absolute best!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I absolutely love OAR!! Every experience we have had with them has been amazing! The staff and guides are always super friendly and completely awesome! Definitely know what they are doing and make sure you have a great time on your trip! They make sure you are safe, but that you also have a fun time on your raft! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone if you are looking for an awesome trip! Bobby was our guide yesterday and he was super awesome! We will definitely be going back again soon for our next trip :)

Visited July 2013
FlatsGuy, Owner at Outdoor Adventure Rafting, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. I will make sure to pass this along to Bobby. We work very hard to make your experience the very best. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again. Rob

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Loved It!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first time rafting, and I had so much fun! They were so professional, yet fun and entertaining at the same time!! Our guide, Megan was amazing. I don't think I will ever use a different rafting company! Can't wait to go back :)

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Awesome Adventure Awaits At OAR!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first time whitewater rafting, and while you hear all kinds of stories of what it's like, I really didn't know what to expect.

The facility at OAR is incredible. There's so much to do so even if you come with a group and don't want to brave the river there's plenty of great activities (rappelling, paintball, Alpine Climbing Tower, ropes course, tubing and more) while your trip mates go rafting.

I appreciated the attention to detail before, during and after our whitewater adventure. A staff member gave us a run down on to do in the event we found ourselves in the water. Our raft guide, Jerry, gave us some simple instructions on how to work together as a team, and promised none of us would go in the river unless we wanted to.

True to his word, we all stayed in the boat! Jerry's knowledge of the river, the rapids and currents was second to none. He knew exactly when and where we needed to paddle in order to put the raft in the perfect position for maximum enjoyment of the river.

OAR really stresses safety and giving its customers the best experience possible on the river. I really liked how our guide prepped us before we came to each section of the river giving us a quick history of how it got its name and more importantly what we were about to experience.

Early on in the trip, I knew we were with the best rafting company. The river that day was flowing twice as strong as usual and not 50 yards from the launch point a boat from another rafting company flipped over in the middle of the rapids tossing its passengers into the roaring water. I watched as their boat got sucked into the rapid and wouldn't come up for what seemed like minutes.

If you're wondering which company to book with - ask yourself this question: do you want some hotshot guide who's just looking to impress his buddies with the wildest, craziest tricks with little (or no) regard for your safety to take you down the river, or do you want maximum fun and adventure while remaining safe knowing that a qualified group of pros are there to ensure things go smoothly?

For me, OAR is the safest and most fun of all choice, the most fun and a great facility staffed by some of the crazy-coolest people around. Can't wait to get out there again!

Visited July 2013
Jon, thank you for the kind words. We do stress safety OAR and make sure all of our guides are trained to standards that go way beyond what is required. I can not say enough great things about our staff and I will pass your response on to everyone at OAR. Thanks for choosing OAR and look forward to seeing you again. Rob
Saint Benedict, Louisiana, United States
“Best Time EVER!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

OAR and our guide Bandi was the best you can spend your time and money on! Our whole group of 7 had a blast and we can't wait to go back and do it again! We did the Upper and Lower Ocoee which includes the site of the '96 Olympics run. We had so much fun! The whole staff at OAR were super friendly and knowledgeable about the area other things to do at OAR. Raft the Ocoee with OAR!

“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my very first rafting trip and I loved it!! Our guide was very good at his job, and made our trip very easy going! We had the best time!! Our guide's name was Jerry and I would highly recommend him to anyone!! I would also recommend doing the full river run, it was well worth the money!!