“Small price for big fun! I'd raft with Cherokee again in a heart beat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cherokee Rafting

Cherokee Rafting
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Ocoee
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Palm beach gardens
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Small price for big fun! I'd raft with Cherokee again in a heart beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Fantastic! Fun! Exciting! Laughable! Anticipation! Friendly! Inexpensive! All these words suit Cherokee rafting. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The safety skills they give you make you feel safe and scared at the same time (an amazing feeling btw). The time on the river was to die for. Great rapids and great views! Our instructor had us going backwards down the rapids, spinning around, and kneeling in the front of the boat. My friend fell off and it just made it that much more fun!!! I would 100% raft with Cherokee again. That much excitement for such a small price. You came go wrong!

Visited May 2014

Chelsea, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic rafting trip with our guide Katie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

My mother and I went on the middle Ocoee trip and it was the best rafting trip I have been on mostly because of our guide Katie! We have both been on the Ocoee several times but this was our first trip with Cherokee rafting but it won't be our last! Making our reservation over the phone was easy and the woman I spoke with was so friendly. Their prices are very competitive and less expensive than some of the others. When we got there I was very pleased with the office/gift shop and the bathrooms were very clean. Our trip consisted of 2 rafts with 4 people in each one so it was like having a private trip! The guide for our raft was Katie and she was excellent!! She had 14 years of guiding experience and she knew the Ocoee like the back of her hand. She also had a fantastic personality and sense of humor too. She did a great job of telling us all what to do if you fell out of the boat without making anyone feel scared about it happening. I will definitely be returning to Cherokee rafting and I'll be requesting Katie! The other guide with our trip was Jordan and he was also super friendly and did a great job making us feel welcome. If you're thinking of rafting the Ocoee I strongly suggest using the family owned Cherokee Rafting!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
“They lead - I learned and enjoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was nervous heading into Saturday's rafting trip with friends. I'm 40 and had rafted this river ten years ago, and with wife and children awaiting my return home, I found myself nervous as the bus headed up 64 to the upper put it. From the moment we met our guide (Jordan) he put us at ease. He clearly loved this river and this region, and over the course of the day he taught our team how to effectively work together while also teaching us about the power and history of the storied Ocoee. By the end of our trip our team was tight - we'd had a great adventure, tremendous fun, and a heck of a workout in one of the most amazing settings our beautiful state has to offer. Thanks to Cherokee and to Jordan for the professionalism and the excellent leadership!

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Lance is the man!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

There were four of us that went down the Ocoee this Saturday and it was amazing. Right when we got started we knew our guide was gonna be great. he didn't waste our times with practice strokes or use unnecessary language or lingo. As we went down the river Lance used the river like a champ. He would used the rocks to his advantage, and he showed us interesting attractions that other rafts didn't get to see. All in all I think Cherokee Rafting is by far the best rafting company and Lance is one of if not the best guide.

Rocky Top, Tennessee
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was our first time trip down the Ocoee and had only been rafting one other time, and it was awesome! From the time we checked until the time we checked out, it was a very pleasant experience. Our guide Corey was wonderful, experienced and helpful. I highly recommend Cherokee Rafting and I plan to return again soon.