“Amazing Experience”
Review of Cherokee Rafting

Cherokee Rafting
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Ocoee
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went rafting on the 29 of September. After much review I choose this company based on the great reviews. Our guide was Jacob, and for my first rafting trip did an AMAZING job. I highly recommend this company and the WHITE WATER GRILL! Go with them, they are not only the cheapest, but the best!

marianna
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another awesome trip. Cherokee Rafting Rocks”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was our fifth year rafting with Cherokee Rafting. Josh was our guide again this year. We brought some first timers with us, they loved it. Full River trip cant be beat. I recommend your company to everyone i talk to about our rafting adventures. Thanks again to Josh and everyone at Cherokee Rafting. The Stewarts

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bobby S
“Big John is awesome!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

5 of us went down today with Big John. Four were first timers, but you couldn't tell because Big John was such a great guide. He was funny, knew everything about the river and our trip was a blast !! We be raftin!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
“"144 Sorority Girls White Water Rafting? Okay!"”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It's raining and bleak, 144 sorority women have anticipated their trip of whitewater rafting since the spring, and now the day has finally come. We are cold, we are soaked, and most importantly we are terrified. A few of the braver and more adventurous women (myself included) decided that this was a go big or go home moment, and we were ready to whitewater raft like nobody had ever whitewater rafted before. I and 5 of my sisters hop into a raft with our guide, Uncle Johnie, and together, we take on the great and powerful ocoee with grace, speed, and power, all led by the fearless guidance of our leader, our protector....Uncle Johnie. "The river doesn't care who you are. The river doesn't care who your momma is, or your daddy is. The river doesn't care what car you drive, what your job is, or who you're dating. The river will take you in, spit you out, and you will come back again asking for more"....need I say more? I'll be back soon, great ocoee, and Uncle John, you better be ready to take us on another adventure of a lifetime.

Cartersville, Georgia
“The Olympic section was a blast!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My coworkers and I have been using Cherokee Rafting for the past four years. Cherokee Rafting has always given us a great time! This past trip, we final tried the upper and middle trip. Our gang loved it and we will be doing it again in 2014.

Visited August 2013