“only choice for the Ocoee”
Review of Cherokee Rafting

Cherokee Rafting
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Ocoee
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 16, 2013

my friends and I traveled from Northwest Arkansas, over 700 miles each way, to fulfill our wants for an excellent white water rafting trip. We were referred to the Ocoee from a guide in Colorado we had been in contact with, the water there was low at this time of year. We spoke with friends that had been on this river before and they immediately recommended Cherokee Rafting. I called to make our reservations and Blake was super friendly and helpful, us not knowing the area he suggested several places for us to camp. When we arrived at the outfitter Blake and his staff of guides were very welcoming and fun as they prepared us for our adventure. Once we arrived at the river it was Blake who was going to be our guide for the day. Man was he great! We had so much fun, he knew this river like he made it. We were hitting the water in all the greatest spots, he even took us "surfing" in spots. As we floated down the river he pointed out spots for us to hike to that evening, and just made our trip so much more fun by sharing stories about the area and giving us ideas for the rest of our time in the area. We all plan to return and will defiantly request Blake as our guide. Go have a great time yourself with the guys at Cherokee Rafting!!

1  Thank lyle j
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)
All reviews
"middle section"
in 22 reviews
"take care"
in 11 reviews
"can't wait to go again"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great experience (as usual).
As the owner of a small business, I am a repeat customer. I bring a crew of 5-10 employees each
year for a quick "get-away". We are always treated with the best of care.
I highly recommend cherokee rafting.

Jay Colvin

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had Josh for our guide and he was very knowledgable about the river and rafting. He had us feeling very comfortable and safe. He was also entertaining and made the trip a lot of fun. The overall experience was very good. This was our 5th trip with Cherokee rafting and they have all been excellant!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've rafted several rivers, including a few trips on the Ocoee. Cherokee was by far the best experience that I've had with a company. The prices are good, the people are friendly, and the gear is in good condition. Our guides, Jordan K & Blake were great. Blake knew the river like the back of his hand and pointed out a lot of neat features. They both knew exactly where and how to hit the rapids to keep us in the boat, but on the edge of your seats!

You will have a great time!

1  Thank Brent C
See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my second rafting trip with Cherokee Rafting, but this time my 14 year invited 4 of his 14 year old friends to come along, to celebrate his birthday. That's right, one dad and five 14 year old boys, on an "all day" Ocoee trip. Thank goodness, for Manager Blake & our trip guide, Jake from Cherokee Rafting.
The boys absolutely enjoyed having Jake, as their trip guide. At a couple of locations on the river, you are invited to jump from the raft and swim/float on the river. The boys were having so much fun with Jake, that they, should we say, "helped" Jake into the water !
We elected for the all day trip {which I highly recommend} which included a catered lunch.
Given this was a longer trip, and lunch was being served, we had a couple of pre-existing medical issues to address, that involved a couple of our boys. I discusssed these issues with Manager Blake before we made the trip. Blake want far above & beyond what I had expected in order to address the boys situation and do everything he could to ensure their safety.
What a great 14th birthday get together w/ Cherokee Rafting .... my only concern is, what do we do next year to top this trip?

Been to Cherokee Rafting? Share your experiences!