“Cherokee Rafting - The BEST”
Review of Cherokee Rafting

Cherokee Rafting
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Ocoee
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ozark, Alabama
“Cherokee Rafting - The BEST”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been using Cherokee Rafting for years on the Ocoee River. The guides are very knowledgeable and friendly. I would highly recommend them for your white water experience.

I have always found the gear they use in very good order, the rafts are in very good shape and they are a very professional organization.

I usually do the half day rafting trip and have always enjoyed it. But this year we tried the full day trip and WOW, that is the way to go. The lunch they provide is also very good. A great experience all the way around.

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Excellent, Experianced, Fun!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a great rafting company. My husband and I had never been rafting before and now want to make it a yearly thing. Our guide Katie was awesome, friendly and knew what she was doing. I know I was in good hands, which made me less nervous and made the whole trip a lot more enjoyable. We hopefuly will be back to cherokee Rafting before the season is over with some of our friends. Great job Cherokee!! Keep up the good work and we shall see you soon!! :)

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“White water rafting”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our rafting trip was above and beyond anything we expected. Our guide was Big John. He estimated that the river was running around 3000 to 3400 cfs. The water was fast and high; his experience kept us afloat. It was great fun! If we lived closer we would go back tomorrow!

1 Thank Nancy M
CherokeeRafting, Manager at Cherokee Rafting, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Nancy, we're so happy you had a great time here with us and with John as your guide. I would like to clarify about the water levels however from this past weekend. We are not allowed to raft the Ocoee when water levels reach above 3000 cfs. Although John may have misquoted the river level, if it would have been over 3000, we would not have been allowed to put on. After checking the water levels with TVA from this past weekend, it's been confirmed that the river level never exceeded 2800 cfs. That's still an exciting level to run on but also about double the normal flow. We've been blessed with plenty of rainfall this season so water levels have been slightly above normal almost all year. I just wanted to clarify that in the event anyone else questioned the levels and what is allowable. When river levels do reach above 3000 cfs, we are notified by TVA and TDEC and the Park Ranger staff. Do come back when you can! We'll be ready for your next adventure.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great first time rafting!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my first time rafting and I had a great time! I went with 4 friends (so 5 in a raft, plus our guide), most of whom had never been rafting before or hadn't been in a long time. Our guide, Zak, was awesome. I think he was on loan from another rafting company but we're so glad he came over to Cherokee for the day! He gave us just the right amount of safety and rafting instructions, and was definitely the most fun guide out there that day. The organization was excellent. Plenty of parking, transportation to the river, etc. All of the staff were super friendly when I called to set up the reservation and ask questions they're probably tired of answering for first-timers. Quick sign-in on the day of rafting. Space to have a picnic lunch afterwards. All in all, an excellent trip. I'd definitely return to the Ocoee with these guys!

Derby, United Kingdom
“Great rafting”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Fantastic rafting on the middle Ocoee.
Probably our best rafting day yet on all rivers we have rafted in both US and Canada.

Cherokee Rafting was excellent. The organisation was really slick and very little time wasted.
Value for money was again second to none.

Rafting guide was knowledgeable and made sure we had a good day.

Well done Cherokee, it made the highlight of out trip to the US.