“AWESOME!!!!!”
Review of Cherokee Rafting

Cherokee Rafting
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Ocoee
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, definitely knew what they were doing. Such a fun time! Would definitely go back and raft with them again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)
All reviews
"take care"
in 11 reviews
"middle ocoee"
in 36 reviews
"can't wait to go again"
in 16 reviews
"an awesome experience"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We rafted the Ocoee River with Cherokee Rafting on Sunday July 21, and it was the greatest. My wife and I are a little older and asked for a seasoned guide. They gave us Jake and it was a blessing. The river was high and running fast, but Jake took us through safely and kept us informed as how we would attack each difficult phase of the Ocoee. The full day trip was a great choice for us including a lunch that was excellent. Cherokee Rafting made the trip painless for us and answered all questions. All the guides were concerned about our safety and any others on the river. We witnessed several rafts flipping and Cherokee guides would be sure everyone was back aboard safely before leaving the area. Thanks Jake for a GREAT RIDE and to Bud for getting us to the river and back safely.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We took a youth group of over 40 teens and chaperones down the Ocoee on 7/20. The group went last year with a different outfitter and didn't have such a good time. A few rafts flipped and the staff was very unprofessional, so there was a little uneasiness about the trip this year. The staff at Cherokee did everything in their power to make sure this trip was safe, fun, and a great time! They seem to be a small group that works like a very well oiled machine. Their guides knew the river like it was the back of their hand, and the 7 boats we had in our group had the time of their lives. I would most definatly recommend that you use Cherokee the next time you decide to spend a day on the Ocoee, their staff is truly second to none!
I was in a raft with LIttle Blake and he was probably the best guide I personally have ever had on the Ocoee and I've been quiet a few times. Be sure to ask for him on your next trip!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Took 4 kids whitewater rafting yesterday and we used Cherokee Rafting for the second time. Not only were they on schedule, but as usual, we had a wonderful time. The guides are great and they keep it upbeat and entertaining.

My guide last year was Nick and I put in a request for him this year, but he wasn't available, so TYLER was our guide. At first I was a little bummed that Nick wasn't available, but Tyler was GREAT!!!! This guy was a lot of fun to be with and my kids LOVED him. He did a lot of fun stuff with us in certain rapids that got us really wet and he was so patient when we kept pushing each other out of the boat. He really seemed to be enjoying having us along. Next year when we raft the Ocoee, we will DEFINITELY be going back to Cherokee Rafting and I will request Tyler again. However...........Even if we don't get Tyler, we got a pretty up-close look at how all the guides treated the guests in their boat and from what I can see, the entire guide staff is great.

There were several rapids in which the other rafting companies would just paddle through and keep going, but If there was a way for us to get in the hydraulics and make it fun, we were doing it.

THANK YOU CHEROKEE RAFTING.......WE HAD A BLAST!!!! and we will definitely be back next year.