“Great family trip.”
Review of Cherokee Rafting

Cherokee Rafting
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Ocoee
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Cherokee Rafting company is wonderful. This is probably our 8th time to raft with Cherokee, and they are great!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our trip down the Ocoee with Cherokee Rafting and our guide, Jake. We were excited about a fun and adventurous trip and we got everything we wanted and more. We did the full river trip, which I would highly recommend. I'm so glad we chose Cherokee, especially when seeing some of the other companies out on the river and the way they acted and some of the things they were doing with their groups. We felt safe at all times, while having a blast and felt our guide represented the company well. I felt like Cherokee and their guides were well mannered, easy to get along with, and kept safety first!
Along with the rapids and fun on the water, one really neat part was stopping in the Olympic section for our lunch. We were able to sit on the banks and watch as other groups came through the olympic section. It was a nice break and full of entertainment. We will be coming back to raft with Cherokee and can't wait to bring others back with us.
*Just remember when your guide says "DOWN", GET DOWN!! :)

Reviewed August 16, 2012

There was nothing I disliked about Cherokee Rafting. Really would not change a moment we spent with this Rafting company. guess you could say they are "user friendly"!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

3 girl friends I graduated high school with and I go on an adventure every year, this year was white water rafting! Cherokee Rafting was chosen because of the reviews read hear on trip advisor. IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!! We loved every moment. Our guide was Katie, she was fun, safe, and knowledgeable.... I would follow Katie through a rapid doing 360's anytime, oh what, I did! The business was clean and friendly. There were shower facilities to change out of your wet clothes. The river gorge was so pretty. And when you get back they have tv screens mounted on the walls and 27 pictures of your trip are on with a slide show of your trip! That's when we really got excited, the picutures were surprising and amazing! YOU GOTTA GO! Did I tell you we are 53 year old women! :)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been using Cherokee for over 20 years with our youth group and the past 3 years as a stand alone group. Blake and crew are the greatest! - Cicc Ferrentino

Been to Cherokee Rafting? Share your experiences!