“a little disorganized but overall a great time!”

Adventures Unlimited
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Ocoee
Homewood, Alabama
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“a little disorganized but overall a great time!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We made a reservation over the phone to redeem a Groupon deal, and called the day before our rafting trip to confirm since were were travelling from out of state. I had a hard time getting a real person on the phone, and once I did, the lady I spoke with couldn't find our reservation. After about 20 minutes they found our reservation (whew!).

Now for the actual rafting trip: we went on the 9am Middle Ocoee trip and had a fantastic time. Our guide was “Reverend Dean the Dunking Machine!” - and we will definitely request him again next time! I think our raft had the best time of anyone on the trip - Dean is hilarious and really wants to make sure everyone has a good time.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank meardynit

Huntsville, Alabama
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Rafting Trip!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My first rafting trip on the Middle Ocoee was a blast! Had a great guide who was very positive and made the adventure fun and safe. Photos purchased through Groupon were a good deal - included a large number of high quality photos on a CD. Bungalow only had the basics as advertised - a bed and shower - so don't reserve expecting amenities. Not staffed very well to handle making reservations and checking people in for the rafting but the rafting experience and the great guides overshadowed that! Great fun!

Visited October 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went with my girlfriend white water rafting, my first time, her second and i have to say it was a blast, only disadvantage was the water was low because it was the end of the season so there weren't very many rapids and such, but it didn't matter, it was still fun and we had a great guide! Reverend Dean Watts was very knowledgeable about the river and the area and provided us with some other great spots to check out in the area! Will always recommend this and Dean for a guide! Thank you Dean!

3 Thank Stephen C
Bardstown KY
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun white water rafting”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I took my 3 daughters white water rafting over the weekend. We had fun and it was a unique experience as they had never done this before. I forgot how physically demanding rafting was! I was thankful that the site had showers where you could shower and change after the trip so you're not soaking wet on the drive back. I would recommend bringing the travel size shampoo & soap as well as towels to change into. We wore tennis shoes on the trip, but I think water shoes would have been perfect and more comfortable. We booked the last trip of the day. By that time, you could tell the tour guides were naturally wore out and exhausted due to 2-3 previous trips. Therefore, I would recommend booking earlier in the day for maybe a more energetic and exciting trip. Although they take various pictures throughout the trip, the cost is pretty pricey- $18 per picture or $50-80 for a CD of 13-15 pictures. Overall, a fun unique experience.

2 Thank Couplekids
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“River Rafting with Adventures Unlimited”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A great experience with a wonderful guide. The trip was organized, and we had all supplies needed for a fun trip down the Ocoee River. Our guide, Dean, was the best. He is very knowledgeable about the Ocoee, and was able to keep us safe but also allowed us to fully experience the thrill of the rapids.

3 Thank Ellen L

Been to Adventures Unlimited? Share your experiences!