“Nice, reasonable place to stay the weekend”
Review of Whitewater Inn

Whitewater Inn
Whitewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Ocoee B&B and Inns
Locust Grove, GA
“Nice, reasonable place to stay the weekend”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at Whitewater Inn. It is conveniently located close to the rafting companies. We had a nice King room, fridge, microwave, coffee, etc. Nothing fancy, just clean rooms and southern hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Delaware, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time in Ocoee, TN!! Loved the area! The staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful! Our room was exactly what we wanted, very clean, very quiet, very private. Would stay here again, and would recommend to friends. The breakfast was continental style, but gave us what we needed for what we intended to do! If you want a GREAT out of the way dining experience, go to Papa's Italian Bistro!!! The people were outstanding.....and we wished we had a local Italian place like this, where we live....very reasonable in price for the quality of the food offered!!! Can't wait to get back to Ocoee!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie Y
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place sucks. The front desk people were unprofessional.
They don't have Internet in the rooms, & barely any cell phone service.

The continental breakfast sucks. The bananas were very green. I could tell the rest of the sweets they bought were hostess cakes from the grocery store next door.

The drain in the shower doesn't drain very well & I had to stand in 2 inches of water.

The only thing good about this place is the proximity to the rafting launch pad. Cleveland is 10 minutes in the other direction, with many many more things to do.

I don't suggest anyone stay here except old grandma's with false teeth(for the green bananas for breakfast). I'm sure the lack of phone or Internet service won't bother them either.
Maybe they like taking shower-baths. I dunno.

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ocoee hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was there the week after the 4th of July,, the lady at the front desk was just such a sweetheart and after BSing with her , I knew I was going to like the room,, it was clean and had a microwave, nice big TV, cold AC , what more could a man want

Room Tip: get a room closer to the office,, the side door entrance is noisy and hell when it slams shut
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hampton
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel interior is nice and well kept. My only complaint about the room are the pillows. Below flat if you know what I mean. The grounds are well maintained the location is next to a store and Dollar General.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ga
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was a little hesitate to stay since the reviews were not that great...glad I went with my gut and common sense. I have a habit of always checking out a room before I say yes...this was no exception. I found the room very clean and the beds slept good. Yes it was a cold continental breakfast, but it got the job done! I don' t expect to find a 5star hotel in the Ocoee Mtns. You are there usually to do rafting or zip line or some other adventure so just enjoy the simple things like a clean nights sleep!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank funnybunnyGa
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I plus 2 other couples planned a rafting trip for Sunday, Sept 2. We stayed 1 night at the Whitewater Inn. The lobby and rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The inn is conveniently located to all of the Ocoee River Rafting companies. (There are many.) We found a great deal on halfoffdepot.com. I think it was $22 per person with Sunburst Adventures. Whitewater Inn has a free continental breakfast which includes waffles, danishes, toast, fresh fruit, 3 types of cereal, milk, orange juice, and coffee. The inn has 2 floors. Both, a mini-fridge and microwave were in our room. There is NO elevator or swimming pool. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not the place for you. It IS the place for you if you are looking for a good night's sleep after a long day of playing on the Ocoee River. We will stay here again next summer.

Room Tip: If you can't take the stairs, request a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kim M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocoee
Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland
Hampton Inn Cleveland
Hampton Inn Cleveland
#2 of 23 in Cleveland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland

Been to Whitewater Inn? Share your experiences!