“Nice place to sleep”

and 1 more site!
Whitewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Ocoee B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was there the week after the 4th of July,, the lady at the front desk was just such a sweetheart and after BSing with her , I knew I was going to like the room,, it was clean and had a microwave, nice big TV, cold AC , what more could a man want

Room Tip: get a room closer to the office,, the side door entrance is noisy and hell when it slams shut
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Whitewater Inn

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel interior is nice and well kept. My only complaint about the room are the pillows. Below flat if you know what I mean. The grounds are well maintained the location is next to a store and Dollar General.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was a little hesitate to stay since the reviews were not that great...glad I went with my gut and common sense. I have a habit of always checking out a room before I say yes...this was no exception. I found the room very clean and the beds slept good. Yes it was a cold continental breakfast, but it got the job done! I don' t expect to find a 5star hotel in the Ocoee Mtns. You are there usually to do rafting or zip line or some other adventure so just enjoy the simple things like a clean nights sleep!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank funnybunnyGa
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I plus 2 other couples planned a rafting trip for Sunday, Sept 2. We stayed 1 night at the Whitewater Inn. The lobby and rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The inn is conveniently located to all of the Ocoee River Rafting companies. (There are many.) We found a great deal on halfoffdepot.com. I think it was $22 per person with Sunburst Adventures. Whitewater Inn has a free continental breakfast which includes waffles, danishes, toast, fresh fruit, 3 types of cereal, milk, orange juice, and coffee. The inn has 2 floors. Both, a mini-fridge and microwave were in our room. There is NO elevator or swimming pool. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not the place for you. It IS the place for you if you are looking for a good night's sleep after a long day of playing on the Ocoee River. We will stay here again next summer.

Room Tip: If you can't take the stairs, request a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kim M
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

The one thing I liked about this hotel was that it was close to Quest Expidations. We stayed here cause we were planning on going whitewater rafting and we were going with Quest Expidations, it was right down the road from the hotel that was the only good thing.. The hotel is run down could use a lot of help. The grass was very long. The hotel room was not the cleanest. My mother n law was staying in the room next to us and her room was just as bad there was hair in the shower in both rooms. I asked if we could have an extra pillow and was told to come back later to see If they can find an extra. Then when I asked for extra towels they lady had an attitude at me for asking. The breakfast of frozen waffels well i'll just say my 4 year old daughter said it was yucky. The staff is not friendly at all. I would not stay here again. The only good thing was whitewater rafting with Quest Expidations, Dave Matthews was our guide and he was the best. The hotel was awful.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Danielle2133
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. My total bill for two rooms was more than $200.00. When we drove in the entrance, the grass and bushes were overgrown. The lobby of the hotel was nice. The person at the front desk needed customer service training. She was not welcoming and less than helpful. Our rooms were clean, but there were no amenities...no coffee pot, no ironing board or iron. There was a broken lamp in our room and the windows were filthy. Our air conditioner did not work properly. When we asked for additional pillows, we were told that we could not have them if we already had two pillows on our beds. The continental breakfast was AWFUL! Powdered sugared donuts and FROZEN toaster waffles. NEVER, EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelwfriends4
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I went to Ocoee on 05/04/2012 for my birthday. We did not have a reservation. I had seen the property multiple times in my searches of the area. We arrived at approximately Midnite. Booked the room and went across the street to get a few necessities. When we unloaded the truck and made our way to the room our TV did not work, my husband had removed the two pillows from the second bed and stacked them behind him to get comfy for a little TV time. I immedately called the front desk to tell them of our problem. I asked for another room. The desk clerk, which was new, had no additional rooms available and no maintenance available. She said she would call me back. She called back very quickly and said a room was available on the second floor. We went to the desk and exchanged the keys. After finding out there was no available elevator we decided not to stay. The lady at the desk was very nice and said no charges had been made to my card initialed the receipt and we departed. After returning home and checking my statement I found a charge for $89.79. I immediately called the Inn, to advise them of the error, and explained the situation to the manager. She said she would contact the properly owner and see if I could be refunded the charge. Her explination was the room had to be cleaned so they charged us for one nite. The room was not used. The pillows were taked from one bed and placed on the other bed for a prop to watch TV. The room did not need to be cleaned. I gave the Inn another opportunity to resolve the situation prior to writing this review. I am very unhappy with the way the situation was not handled. This was untimately a decision by the property owner.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocoee
Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland
#2 of 2 in Ducktown
Hampton Inn Cleveland
Hampton Inn Cleveland
#2 of 24 in Cleveland

Been to Whitewater Inn? Share your experiences!