“Whitewater Trip July 27th 2013”
Review of Whitewater Inn

Whitewater Inn
and 1 more site!
Whitewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Ocoee B&B and Inns
Hampton
“Whitewater Trip July 27th 2013”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel interior is nice and well kept. My only complaint about the room are the pillows. Below flat if you know what I mean. The grounds are well maintained the location is next to a store and Dollar General.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ga
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was a little hesitate to stay since the reviews were not that great...glad I went with my gut and common sense. I have a habit of always checking out a room before I say yes...this was no exception. I found the room very clean and the beds slept good. Yes it was a cold continental breakfast, but it got the job done! I don' t expect to find a 5star hotel in the Ocoee Mtns. You are there usually to do rafting or zip line or some other adventure so just enjoy the simple things like a clean nights sleep!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank funnybunnyGa
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I plus 2 other couples planned a rafting trip for Sunday, Sept 2. We stayed 1 night at the Whitewater Inn. The lobby and rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The inn is conveniently located to all of the Ocoee River Rafting companies. (There are many.) We found a great deal on halfoffdepot.com. I think it was $22 per person with Sunburst Adventures. Whitewater Inn has a free continental breakfast which includes waffles, danishes, toast, fresh fruit, 3 types of cereal, milk, orange juice, and coffee. The inn has 2 floors. Both, a mini-fridge and microwave were in our room. There is NO elevator or swimming pool. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not the place for you. It IS the place for you if you are looking for a good night's sleep after a long day of playing on the Ocoee River. We will stay here again next summer.

Room Tip: If you can't take the stairs, request a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kim M
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

The one thing I liked about this hotel was that it was close to Quest Expidations. We stayed here cause we were planning on going whitewater rafting and we were going with Quest Expidations, it was right down the road from the hotel that was the only good thing.. The hotel is run down could use a lot of help. The grass was very long. The hotel room was not the cleanest. My mother n law was staying in the room next to us and her room was just as bad there was hair in the shower in both rooms. I asked if we could have an extra pillow and was told to come back later to see If they can find an extra. Then when I asked for extra towels they lady had an attitude at me for asking. The breakfast of frozen waffels well i'll just say my 4 year old daughter said it was yucky. The staff is not friendly at all. I would not stay here again. The only good thing was whitewater rafting with Quest Expidations, Dave Matthews was our guide and he was the best. The hotel was awful.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Danielle2133

Travelers are raving about these Ocoee hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. My total bill for two rooms was more than $200.00. When we drove in the entrance, the grass and bushes were overgrown. The lobby of the hotel was nice. The person at the front desk needed customer service training. She was not welcoming and less than helpful. Our rooms were clean, but there were no amenities...no coffee pot, no ironing board or iron. There was a broken lamp in our room and the windows were filthy. Our air conditioner did not work properly. When we asked for additional pillows, we were told that we could not have them if we already had two pillows on our beds. The continental breakfast was AWFUL! Powdered sugared donuts and FROZEN toaster waffles. NEVER, EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelwfriends4
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I went to Ocoee on 05/04/2012 for my birthday. We did not have a reservation. I had seen the property multiple times in my searches of the area. We arrived at approximately Midnite. Booked the room and went across the street to get a few necessities. When we unloaded the truck and made our way to the room our TV did not work, my husband had removed the two pillows from the second bed and stacked them behind him to get comfy for a little TV time. I immedately called the front desk to tell them of our problem. I asked for another room. The desk clerk, which was new, had no additional rooms available and no maintenance available. She said she would call me back. She called back very quickly and said a room was available on the second floor. We went to the desk and exchanged the keys. After finding out there was no available elevator we decided not to stay. The lady at the desk was very nice and said no charges had been made to my card initialed the receipt and we departed. After returning home and checking my statement I found a charge for $89.79. I immediately called the Inn, to advise them of the error, and explained the situation to the manager. She said she would contact the properly owner and see if I could be refunded the charge. Her explination was the room had to be cleaned so they charged us for one nite. The room was not used. The pillows were taked from one bed and placed on the other bed for a prop to watch TV. The room did not need to be cleaned. I gave the Inn another opportunity to resolve the situation prior to writing this review. I am very unhappy with the way the situation was not handled. This was untimately a decision by the property owner.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle P
Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I don't think this inn has any reviews and i thought it fair to post one on it. It is very centrally located in the middle of boundless activities for this area, which has easily navigable mountain roads, lots of rivers and creeks, and the outdoor activities abound. There are lots of sightseeing and activities within an hour's drive. White water rafting is the main water activity, but there is so much more to do. Eateries nearby are limited with a Huddle House, McDonald's, and Arby's being the main ones. It is a developing area though, with new road construction nearby. The sunsets from the front of the inn both evenings were spectacular. I understand Tom Tom GPS Systems are the only company that has the address for this inn programed...we could not get a match on our Garmin. The very friendly lady at the front desk says for now, it is necessary to use the McDonald's location across Highway 64. Just search your system for McDonald's in Ocoee, TN and the inn is across the highway. The rooms are most spacious, with a small refrigerator, microwave and sink, with cabinets for storage. There is a market next door. They serve a decent complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mamashydog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocoee
Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland
Douglas Inn & Suites
Douglas Inn & Suites
#7 of 23 in Cleveland

Been to Whitewater Inn? Share your experiences!