“Walk into this little "cantina" and feel a little of Mejico”
Review of Las margaritas

Las margaritas
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The owners have worked really hard to give this small town a little bit of the real Mejico (old original spelling). The colors are brilliant, the food is tasty (not too spicy to where it burns off ones taste buds), and the servers are friendly. Please understand that the atmosphere tries to be authentic...which means DON'T be in a hurry "gringos"...that's part of what makes the food and experience good! Hispanics not only savor their food but life as well...so learn to relax for a few hours to enjoy some time with your family and friends!! Oh yes, the price is very reasonable and often you will take home enough for another meal.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a new restaurant, but by far, the best and most authentic Mexican restaurant in Oakland, TN. The atmosphere is great, a bit loud, but very effective. The staff is always smiling, singing along with the music. The food portions are HUGE.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Of the 5 Mexican places in the little town of Oakland, TN this is the newest and cleanest. Bright colors and nice family feel to the place.
Food is okay. Nothing I would just HAVE to go back for.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I eat there at least two times a week. Their salsa is great and fresh. Have not gotten anything that was sub par.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

After reading other's reviews and it being recommended by a friend, I was expecting at least a better than average mexican cuisine meal. We were very disappointed. We met another couple there from another town for lunch. To begin, the music was so loud we could not hear each other talk and had to ask for it to be turned down, which they politely did. Everyone ordered fajitas except me. I ordered the Speedy Gonzales. When the waitress took the order she asked if we wanted rice or beans. I had thought the menu stated it came with both. This confused me and I stated just rice and it came with what looked like 2 orders of dry, not so tasty rice. Our friends said they thought the same thin and had only ordered the beans and were disappointed not to be getting both. The salsa was flavorless and even after adding hot sauce to it, it was bland. However the chips are very good. The cheese enchilada was ok except for the sauce. I did not like it at all. I prefer it being served with chili gravy than the sauce it came in. My taco was one of the worse I think I have ever eaten. The meat had a strange taste. My husband said the fajitas were ok but not as good as most mexican restaurants serve. On the positive side, the waitress was polite and they allowed us to sit for a long time talking without making us feel rushed. Also the pricing is very good, but if you don't like the food (as we did not) then it really is not a bargain. Hate to not give a place a second chance, but we probably won't.

Been to Las margaritas? Share your experiences!