“Good, Clean Hotel in a convenient location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
USA
“Good, Clean Hotel in a convenient location”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in January 2011. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I enjoyed the free cookie and found the bed to be very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful... I did not visit the bar or restaurant. The location is convenient on S. Illinois Ave with lots of restaurants and stores close by. The drive the Oak Ridge National Lab was only 15-20 minutes. The indoor / outdoor pool was heated and open in January!

I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This was a very nice hotel. I travel quite a bit for work and this was one of the nicer Doubletrees. I put in a request for a foam pillow before I arrived and it was in the room when I checked in. We asked for recommendations for restaurants at the front desk and I was excellent BBQ! The breakfast was so-so. It was fine, but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I'm a Diamond Hilton member and stay in Hilton family hotels like 85% of the time and definately come to expect a certain level. Bottom line - room is really really nice, lobby is tired, pool area is tired, restaurant is tired, and the lounge for HHonors is really lacking any character. Next time I need to be in Oak Rdige I'll stay across the street in a newer looking Hampton Inn. The staff here is really nice - they just have to work in a tired hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Hortkie
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Thank you for your outstanding comments about our rooms and staff. We hold very high standards at our hotel, and we are very pleased that we exceeded your expectations in those areas. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand, and are continuously updating all the areas of our hotel. Thank you for your feedback, our guests' comments are very important to us, as we want all of our guests to be happy!
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The rooms are very comfortable, they do allow pets, they provide free wireless, and I have been happy there both times I have stayed there. In my perfect world, they would have a hot tub, but the pool is nice anyhow. It's a great place to stay in Oak Ridge.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank traceylin
Northern Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Hilton standards are standards that are universal throughout at this property - thus, for standard issues (cleanliness, location, etc.) standards are met and exceeded. From the warm chocolate chip cookies available at check-in to the warm and friendly staff - no issues. Others have mentioned the refurbished rooms so I will not discuss any further. However, the Doubletree Oak Ridge was lacking in a few points that I expect from Doubletree properties. (1) Wireless is available, but the signal strength is weak - only two bars max in my room! Could have been an issue with the room location (#515) Cannot be productive without access. (2) Gym - small and inadequate, more like a Hampton quality. Only one each Precor treadmill, elliptical, and recumbant bike. Dumbbells from 5 to 25 lbs, but no weight bench and only an exercise ball. Fortunately, the hotel has an agreement with the local 24 hours gym close by. (3) Complimentary breakfast - as a Diamond member, breakfast is usually included and enjoyed in the main buffet. The complimentary breakfast availaible on conciere room was a continental plus (typical continental breakfast - fruits, bagels, plus part is eggs) and not the full breakfast buffet.

Did not dine in the restaurant or drink at the bar so cannot review.

Of the available properties in Oak Ridge, the Doubletree is the most highly rated - so will probably return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nakamark
Asheville, NC, USA
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My wife stayed at the Doubletree Oak Ridge while I was traveling in Europe for work. I e-mailed the hotel and asked if they might consider surprising my wife with a special, personal greeting from me. They were absolutely extraordinary in their response, and my wife was thrilled. She also told me that the front desk clerk was exceptionally kind, and the room was beautiful!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Dorsalis
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This property may look a little dated in the pictures (of the outside), but it is FULLY RESTORED, CLEAN, & SPACIOUS. In addition, there is a GREAT restaurant in the hotel, and the hotel has all modern amenities that you look for in a hotel--e.g. pool, exercise room, computer lab. Plus, the staff is super-friendly and very welcoming.

The only thing I would do differently is not get a "suite" room. For the extra $60 or $70, there was really nothing extra worthwhile in those rooms, except for maybe extra space and a couch. The regular rooms seem to be a better value with ample space.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville? Share your experiences!