“Very good value; nice, clean room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here because it is close to the rowing venue. Our room was larger than the average and very clean. Staff was very efficient and friendly. While we couldn't hear noise from adjoining rooms, we could hear anyone who was talking in the hall. We chose not to pay extra for the breakfast buffet. There is window-unit AC, which we didn't need, but potentially could be noisy. We will likely return to Oak Ridge in the future and I would certainly stay at the Doubletree again.

Room Tip: We were on a lower floor; I assume that upper floors might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I love the Double Tree hotels. When I searched for hotels in the area and saw they had a Double Tree, There was no contest. We had a suite and enjoyed the extra room. It was also conveniently located near the elevator. We enjoyed the restaurant and its convenience. It was nice and we had the breakfast buffet which was good.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was very nice. I would go for the suite if available. It made the trip much f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review about our DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. I will share your wonderful comments with the entire staff, and we look forward to being of service to you during your next visit to Oak Ridge!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nicely kept facility and very pleasant and helpful staff in this lovely part of the countryside. Close to the rowing venue which was the reason for our visit. The greatest drawback was that any noise in the hallway or neighboring rooms and loud, slamming doors carried easily through making it a challenge to sleep without disruption.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the end of the hallway
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank footdoc99
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel to be nicely kept and that our staff was pleasant and helpful. I apologize that the noise inconvenienced you while our guest. We house many of the rowing crews during regattas and training and while we try to keep them on separate floors from our other guests, sometimes their excitement resonates through the hotel. We are glad that you chose our hotel for your rowing visit to beautiful east Tennessee, and we look forward to being of service to you during any future visits. Oak Ridge and the DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge-Knoxville love rowing!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stay here every time i'm in Oak Ridge, several times a year for at least 5 years. It has consistently been the best place in town. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and good breakfast buffet. It is the popular place to stay with folks on government buisness and every once in a while there are odd times that they are sold out if there is a conference or big meeting in town at the laboratory.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric S
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for all your nice comments about our DoubleTree team! I am very proud to be the leader of such a fantastic group of people. We appreciate your loyalty to our DoubleTree and I feel that I speak for the entire team when I say we look forward to being of service to you during your future visits to Oak Ridge.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel that is conveniently located to everything you could want in Oak Ridge (including restaurants within walking and short driving distance). The staff is excellent, the rooms are comfortable, the internet access is fast, and the cookie is delicious! The hotel has plenty of parking, and even though it's on a main road, it's very quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank adamcohenil1
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place will work on a very basic level, but don't expect much. The hotel has been renovated in the past few years and has a comfortable lobby restaurant configuration. I like the fresh fruit constanly replenished at the front desk where the staff was friendly and courteous.

The room was servicable. The bed was new and very comfortable. The room was quiet expect for noisy security gaurd talking in the hall one of the nights around midnight to a guest for 15 minutes. The window heating ac/heat unit worked well. The bathroom was a redo and comfortable enough with a decent shower. A workable desk and new flatscreen, comfortable chair for reading all did the job.

The doors to the room and bathroom were originals and showing their many decades of use. The one in my bathroom was coming apart at the bottom. The key entrance constantly malfunctioned, it got better with repair.

There is a small "gym" with a treadmill and bike and not much else.

The food in the "restaurant" was not excellent. The first day the eggs were served in a revolting greese bath that I refused to eat. They actually served an odd margarine like substance instead of butter that I replaced from the buffet. The coffee was just bad. There was a Starbucks 5 minutes away that helped. The bar closed at 11pm, guess it was time to go home.

All said I would stay here again given others we travel with are comfortable staying local. If it were up to me I would stay in Knoxville, about a 20 minute drive, but is back on the planet earth with real hotels and restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the indoor pool unless you like to smell of chlorine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for the nice comments you had concerning our team members' helpfulness, our comfortable accommodations and bedding, and our offering of fresh fruit for our guests. I apologize that you were inconvenienced with noise in any way. We are in the business of being your home away from home, and we sincerely want all of our guests to be happy. I will work directly with our Food and Beverage team to see how we can improve in the specific areas you mentioned. We appreciate your loyalty to our DoubleTree, and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stay here on business every trip. The rooms are consitantlly clean. The service is very good. The bar very good and the breakfast also very good. Very pleased.
I'll be staying here every trip. I also enjoyed the HH club on the 5th floor. A co worker also used the complimentary gym down the road.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gerry386
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our hotel and staff! We strive every day to exemplify the true meaning of hospitality, and I want to let you know what an honor it is to be the leader of such a great team. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you on all your return visits. Never hesitate to let me know how we can better serve you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Home2 Suites by Hilton Knoxville West

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville? Share your experiences!