“Great room even if a little on small size”

DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Great room even if a little on small size”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in September, 2011 as we were in the Oak Ridge/Kingston, TN for a wedding. The Mother of the Groom had been able to reserve a block of approx 20 rooms months ahead as she wanted the out of towners to stay in the same area. Since we had made prior reservations, check in was a breeze and of course the delicious chocolate chip cookies were provided. The hotel must have had a recent makeover as the rooms were very fresh and sleek. We had a king size bed which was a little large for the room but it was one of the best beds I've ever slept on, right up there with my own. There was a large desk area with a large flat screen TV in addition to a relaxing chair and ottoman and refrigerator in the room. I highly recommend the Double Tree in Oak Ridge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
kapitman
Reviewed January 3, 2012

They have an indoor outdoor pool that you can swim between. It was very unique and the kids enjoyed it. We were there for a funeral and the staff was so friendly and accomodating. Since we are hhonor members we got a nice continental breakfast. Did not try the restaurant. The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. Oh...and those yummy cookies! :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kapitman
Frankenmuth, Michigan
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I had a trip for work into Oak Ridge National Labs, Oak Ridge, TN. I booked a room at the Doubletree Hotel, Oak Ridge, TN.. I have to say the property is not one of the brand new cookie cutter hotels that are popping up everywhere. The building is unique looking from the outside and the internals are just as unique. Once inside I found a very nice lobby, staffed with people who wanted to make sure I was taken care of all the way down to my lower floor room request on my profile. My room was room 127 and it was a very clean, well equipped room for the business or vacation traveller. There were plastic wrapped "Glass" (not plastic)Drinking Glasses, a clean refrigerator, and an easy chair for relaxation, as well as a nice desk and comfortable chair for working. The internet performed well while I was there. There is a small shopping mall close by with Belk, Sears, and JCP in it.
The hotel also has a nice restaurant and lounge that I had some very nice complementary appetizers along with an adult beverage. I did not eat an entree at the hotel restaurant but the meals I saw being served looked and smelled delicious. There is a decent selection of restaurants close by the hotel if you would like to eat outside the hotel.
This is a nice place to stay!!!! Clean, well appointed rooms!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MSM19
Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We've stayed here several times before and have never had problems. This time, however, we did not have a good experience. First off, no cookies when we checked in! How disappointing! Secondly, the rooms themselves were only fairly clean; not like we had experienced in the past. Thirdly, and most disappointing of all, was the extremely poor service in the hotel's restaurant. Service was terrible, the food was mediocre, and the price was too high for what we ordered during lunch. At a subsequent meal, we were very disappointed once again that not everything was available. Cleanliness was also a factor in the restaurant. It almost seemed like they were short-handed. All in all, unless we know for a fact that things have improved, this hotel has lost our business.

Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stay at this hotel every time I come to Oak Ridge and have never had a bad experience.Check-in is always quick and easy,and I always get that great warm cookie(yum).The staff is friendly and obviously enjoy their jobs.Having to travel in my job I have eaten at alot of hotels,but this hotels restaurant is by far the best.I have had breakfast,lunch,and supper and never had a bad meal.It appears that the local town folk realize this also from the busy breakfast they have.I had to stay over one weekend and I believe there was some local football game that day(UT vs Carolina).The place was packed with people in a hurry to get to the game and other folks wanting to get that hot meal before they had to check out, and local groups just enjoying the wonderful buffet and socializing.It was one of those rare weekend stay overs but seeing things from a different view than the mon -fri work grind made me realize what a nice hotel this is

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nomadofwow
Marietta, Ga
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for a rowing meet...and so did the 100+ teenagers on the team. Nice spacious rooms with good TV selection. Indoor pool that can be seen from most rooms. Front desk staff welcoming. Probably the most amenities in the Oak Ridge area!

Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We have stayed at this property in the past and have not had a bad experience before this weekend. The room was nice; it was a large non-smoking king-sized bed room which appeared clean. We ate lunch at the hotel on the day of arrival since our rooms were not ready with no problems. However, on the next morning, we attempted to eat breakfast in Burchfield's, the hotel's restaurant. Service was beyond poor and bordered on terrible. We had to wait a long time to be seated, not because there were lots of diners but because there were many tables which had not been cleaned from the previous guest. Once we were seated, when the waitress finally came, we were told we could not order from the menu, at the chef's orders, but could only partake from the buffet. We were not interested in the buffet. The table immediately beside ours were given menus and were permitted to order from the menu with not problems. When I asked the reason why that table was allowed to order from the menu and we weren't, the waitress responded she didn't know. Coffee took ten minutes to arrive. We had asked for cream but it didn't come until I went looking for assistance and requested it again, It still took several additional minutes to arrive and at that point our coffee was cold. While some of our party reluctantly ate the buffet breakfast, I did not. We had a long trip ahead of us. No one seemed very concerned about this fiasco. Finally, my husband spoke to the manager who sent someone to our room to apologize and offer us some of their cookies. We had not been given cookies at our arrival so I assumed Double Tree was no longer doing this.

I am amazed at this poor service and have never had this kind of problem before at either a Double Tree or Hilton property. This was very disappointing. We make many trips to this area during the year and will reconsider whether or not to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking king. There are no microwaves available in the rooms and our refrigerator mad...
2 Thank PepperJJ
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for being a guest in our hotel. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by our Executive Chef's decision to only offer the breakfast buffet. I can assure you that his decision was made in an attempt to better serve our guests, not the opposite. Fortunately, Burchfield's restaurant maintains an exceptional rapport within our community, which enables us to be busy day in and day out. While we did have an extremely busy Sunday breakfast, this does not excuse the fact that you did not receive our undivided attention. I hope that my winning team does have a future opportunity to show you their much sought after, exceptional customer service skills.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville? Share your experiences!