“Horrible Customer Service”

Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose to stay here for a night. Although the room was nice and clean, it in no way made up for the poor customer service. Being a Gold member, was not asked or given any amenities at check-in. I was then told I could park close to a side entrance which I did, however, after standing out in the hot sun for 10 minutes trying to get the key to open the door, I finally walked around the building to get in. I asked the clerk if she could check my keys before going to the room - that I could not get in the side entrance. She said "oh, yes, your keys are fine. We've had a problem with that door." GREAT ! You knew of a problem but sent me there anyway. Finally get to the room and the remote doesn't work. I asked the housekeeper across the hall to be informed that they had more at the desk. So, a restful night and down for breakfast only to find NO food. This guy comes out of the kitchen area and says "I guess you're waiting on food ? I'm cookin'." WOW. no apologies or pleasantries.

I completed the survey - requesting that I be contacted - but did anyone ? NO.

Two stays here at once - my first and last !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear DanO1963,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is disheartening to know that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information as we would like to look further into your concerns.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had reservations for one night made well in advance, but they said they were full, and sent us to a Holiday inn several blocks away, which had completely different and much worse amenities that the hotel we booked.

• Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear peter8537,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am disappointed to read about the problems you had with your reservation. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information and be of further assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here this past week to visit family in Oak Ridge. The first thing I noticed is that as soon as you walk into the hotel there is a musty BO (body odor) smell throughout the whole hotel. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the odor is incredibly strong. It smells like they either need to clean the carpets or they need to open the windows and let the hotel air out. The room was clean and sufficient. The Customer Service there was lacking and I found the employees at the front desk to be less than friendly and helpful. When I asked for help with the fax machine in the business center, the lady at the front desk (4/9/2014 at around 12pm checkout time) was short and rude and acted as if she was not interested in the least in helping me get my fax out. I wanted to inform her that her assisting me was part of her job, but I just let it go since I was checking out that day to go and checkin to the neighboring Comfort Inn, which by the way was a much better hotel and a much cheaper rate. The pool was the only reason we were at the Staybridge and it is a nice clean pool. But if you are not interested in indoor swimming, save your money and stay at the Comfort Inn right down the street. It is a much nicer hotel and a cheaper price. You will get a better value for your money and much better customer service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd Floor. The whole floor smells like Body Odor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear lhicks1354,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been staying here on several occasions while working out of town, and absolutely love this place.

They offer meals several nights a week, and a great breakfast every morning, but the thing that really makes this place shine is the staff working there. They are very friendly, and are willing to go above and beyond to make your stay a great one.

I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Oak Ridge.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been here on three occasions now. Each time the guest services are impeccable. The staff goes out of their way to make me feel at home. The place is clean and well maintained. They offer dinner in the dining area several times each week. Breakfast has way more choices than the normal hotel. Other hotels in town offer me lower pricing, but this locations is worth the extra little bit of $$.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Extended Stay - this is what it meant to me: I travel 2000 miles to reach the hotel (yes I made reservations more than one week in advance) and once I arrive, they said, "We had some current guests extend their stay beyond their reservations, so you don't get to stay with us. We have an overflow hotel down the road with the holiday inn and they are waiting for your arrival." REALLY, if I wanted to stay somewhere else, I'd booked somewhere else. Needless to say the DoubleTree right down the road is same price and much more professional and a nice hotel. Not all run down.
So I drove over to the Double Tree and got a nice room. Never again at StayBridge, the hotel that the word reservation means nothing to them. Oh yeah, and did the phone me to let me know that I had no reservation, of course not...... You have been warned......

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Here_is_my_review70
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Here_is_my_review70,

Thank you for you for leaving us a feedback. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A

Reviewed June 7, 2013

if you are looking for a hotel with a great staff that is backed up by wonderful manager, look no further. I travel extensively throughout the southeastern US and I stay at many different hotels. I usually prefer Marriott but decided on Staybridge this trip. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the available ammenaties.
Full access to a RUSH gym...check.
FREE Dinner 3 nights a week...check.
Friendly staff willing to go the extra step...check!
If you are ever in this area, I strongly suggest giving this hotel a try.

Room Tip: The 2 bed room suite was huge. If you are traveling with a group, reseve this room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Oak Ridge
Hampton Inn Oak Ridge
#2 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Knoxville West, TN

Been to Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!