“Great for familes and kids”

Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
San Francisco
“Great for familes and kids”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We brought our three small kids (2, 5, and 6yo) to Oak Ridge/Knoxville to visit family. Of the various options in the local area, this Staybridge Suites was the best choice, and we would happily stay here again.
The front staff was completely accommodating from the start - they even went out of their way to help us book with the lowest possible discount. We selected a two room suite in order to accommodate our family, but frankly the 2 double bed room was so large we could have made do with a 1 bedroom suite.
Both the complimentary breakfast in the morning and the manager's special at night (including free beer on tap) were efficient, clean, and perfectly fine.
The things that really made this a standout place in our minds were:
1. The pool is indoors, meaning that the kids could enjoy a swim despite the weather. A big plus for families
2. The laundry facilities were free. A lovely bonus
3. There is a media room equipped for families to watch football, or movies.
4. The gym was small but clean and well equipped
5. The place was located within walking distance to a major grocery store, a major department store, and several restaurants.
This Staybridge Suites exceeded our expectations, and we will gladly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank koipond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hickory
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed. The phone rang all night long & when you picked up NO ONE was on the line it was just static. The front desk worker Becky is the most RUDE front desk clerk I have ever come in contact with & I have traveled outside the US & never been treated like this. SAVE YOURSELF the hassel & do NOT stay here unless you want to be woke up all night & get NO rest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Corene J
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Knoxville while attending the UT/LSU game. My stay was excellent, we checked in late and the gentleman at the desk was very friendly and had everything ready for us to get to our room! The room was very very nice and smelt great! We were very pleased to see that the room had a kitchen, we didn't use it much, but it was still nice! Not to mention the room was very very clean! I also needed a toothbrush while staying and went down to the front desk and they sold me one, as well as gave me free samples of toothpaste, the lady working was sooo very friendly! OVERALL, I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area or even to Knoxville, it was only about a 20 min drive and it was nice to stay away from all the commotion of the game! GOOD JOB STAYBRIDGE SUITES!! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I've stayed at several Staybridge Suites hotels in my travels. Some are better some and are not as good. While there was nothing wrong with the services I received there, what was available was well below the services available at other hotels in this chain. They seem to be trying to get by "on the cheap".

For instance, no hot tub here, a micro-sized pool, good evening food available 2 nights, but only potato chips on Thurday. Again not bad, but not what I've come to expect. I moved to the Holidome in Knoxville for the remainder of my stay.

One high point was the front desk employees....top notch in every way. Couldn't have been more pleasent or helpful. Good breakfast too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank wrs437
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Nice hotel - newer property. Staff is helpful. Clean rooms, bathrooms, and towels. The living room and kitchen area are a nice touch if you are looking for a more home-like feel. All for under $100 per night.

Breakfast and dinner were provided which helps with the budget.

Easy access to the highway with many options for dining or general shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ALTravellor
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My stay at this property was 28 days and I had a great time! The room was clean, fresh, roomy and quiet. The staff was outstanding. My breakfast "girl" was Nicole and she was always welcoming and the food was hot if it was supposed to be and cold if it was supposed to be. My evening social "guy" was Chris and he was also warm and welcoming as were all the staff. Once it was evident that I traveled alone, I was engaged in conversation and asked by each and every staff member at least once if not more how my stay was going and if there was anything they could do to make my stay more comfortable.
The business center is kept in good order and well-stocked. Very convenient.
The location is a bonus and there are dining and shopping alternatives very close by.
The clean, well lighted dining/sitting area is a great place to sit and read or just hang out to get out of your room. There are also outdoor areas that do not serve as giant ashtrays that a non-smoker can go and enjoy the beautiful landscaping.
The laundry facilities are in good repair and well-maintained and cleaned at least daily, so it is not up to the guests to clean up after other guests.
The pool area/hot tub/gym were all well maintained and clean towels were always there.
There just isn't anything about this property that did not meet my needs as a business traveler.
The town is not a mecca for great restaurants, but I asked locals and tried many of the recommendations and found them to be wonderful. Close proximity to the Smoky Mountain National Park is just a bonus to my visit to this area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
OKRSB, Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
The Management and Staff of the Staybridge Suites of Oak Ridge want to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and staff. We appreciate your kind words. We are ecstatic that we were able to provide a "world class" guest experience.

Please come back and see us again the next time you come to the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area!

Tom Fenton
Assistant Manager/Staybridge Suites
Tennessee
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed at Staybridge Suites for a night before running the Secret City Half Marathon. We had a one bedroom suite, which was a good size. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. When we asked for a restaurant recommendation, they pulled out a book with pre-printed directions to local restaurants. My kids enjoyed the pool and the beds and pillows were comfortable. The only complaint I had was that the sofa doesn't pull out into a bed. The breakfast buffet was great! And they had coffee and tea available all day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
OKRSB, Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your hotel stay with us. Our staff makes every effort possible to ensure that each of our guests receives a "world class" stay.

We appreciate that you thought highly of our ability to get you quick, precise directions and that you enjoyed the breakfast as well.

Please come back and see us again. Thanks!

Tom Fenton III
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!