“An Educational Experience for Children”

Children's Museum of Oak Ridge
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Oak Ridge
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Children's Museum is housed in an original school building built when the city of Oak Ridge was built in 1942. Classrooms have been tranformed into learning experiences for children with topics including arts and crafts, historical dotls, a huge railroad display including a refurbished caboose.

Special activities are held througout the year including an International Festival with entertainment, food vendors, and plenty of activities for the kids.

An unusual museum that will give children an opportunity to learn about the history of Oak Ridge and East Tennessee, with many modern lessons to be learned too.

1  Thank Bryan L

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff were about as welcoming as prison guards and I even saw one scream at a small child so loudly he cried.

Exhibits were okay, but dated.

All in all, it made the movies seem like a bargain.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

It is full of interesting things for kids if they don't get bored easily.... It use to be free but it does cost now not sure of the price right off hand but its not bad .....there is a beautiful park down from there with a little stream and the friendship bell, civic center, library ..... That you can enjoy with picnic area. Walking track. The civic center has pool tables and basket ball, swimming .....

1  Thank Ang D
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had my son and step daughter's birthday party here. The staff was very rude to everyone including toddlers. One member of the staff walked up to us and said "you have to get out.... we're closed..." with a very bad attitude. I found this extremely rude. The bathrooms were also disgusting. I highly doubt I will be taking the kids back. I thought this would be a great place to take the kids on rainy days but was highly disappointed.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

In the interests of full disclosure I have to admit that we were planning to go to the zoo in Knoxsville, but we were rained out. What to do instead? My son did a little online research and came up with the Oak Ridge Children's Museum. We were a group of 9 people, 3 generations. We all LOVED this museum. It had something for everybody. My grandchildren had a great time and are begging us to take them back or another visit. They especially enjoyed the doll's house, a model of a toy doll's house but big enough for the children to play inside it. The trains were also a big hit. The Children's Museum was an unexpected delight for all of us.

2  Thank CenterMtraveler

Been to Children's Museum of Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!