“Mobile Soup Kitchen is great!”
Review of The Soup Kitchen

The Soup Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Their truck comes to our company every Monday. I wish it were daily, as I teach and like for my students to have a choice of not fighting West Knoxville traffic to get lunch. Their soup and sandwiches are always good, and I appreciate that they almost always need a little salt - giving the customer control of their sodium. Having hypertension and having grown up on lightly salted food, this is particularly appealing to me. For others, salt and pepper are there for you to add to taste. In addition, I believe they now take credit cards, which is an added convenience.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Soup Kitchen has been around for years, decades really. When my grandparents lived in Oak Ridge, as a child I would always love going to eat at The Soup Kitchen. Now, my grandparents have long since passed away; however, I love making special side trips into town to take in a comforting bowl of Soup. I have loved this place so much, I wish it could be franchised where I live! My mother even had her bridal shower luncheon at The Soup Kitchen 30 years ago, so it has been around awhile, but it has a very comforting atmosphere- which is something one could never get from a place like Panera Bread. The only thing that irritates me (especially if I'm traveling from a distance) is the limited hours of operation.. lunch only, there are no dinner hours.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I used to live in Oak Ridge and this was one of our favorite places to have lunch. There are tons of soup choices and every last one of them is "souper" delicious! Their cornbreads and cakes are fantastic too. I can't say enough about the food. It couldnt be better. The only reason I didnt give it a five star was because atmosphere is a little "grandma" outdated to me and you have to wait in line which extends to the outside many times during lunch. If the atmosphere was more modern such as panera etc it would probably be so packed we couldnt get near the place because as I said before the soups are all fantastic!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Another great staple of Oak Ridge lunch time. Great selections of soups some limited sandwiches. Great fast service.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The SK is our preferred place to grab a quick lunch when working in OR. Always fresh, and usually tasty! Try the brown bread and the loaded potato soup.