“Don't Eat Here!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Don't Eat Here!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went to Ruby Tuesday a little while back because I had a coupon, and even with my already lowered expectations due to the fact that it is Ruby Tuesday, I still wasn’t impressed. Is mediocre food and decent service too much to ask for? I’ll be surprised the place is still open six months from now. The salad bar was neglected with most items gone and/or wilted, several sides were not available, and my food was burnt, just as it usually is. Service was essentially non-existent. Current décor is cold and unwelcoming. If Ruby Tuesday wants any chance at survival, they need to go back to their roots and stop trying the re-invent themselves.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jason B

Belton, Missouri
“We were tired after a day of travel, this location filled the bill. Quiet dinner, food exactly as expected.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The greeters were friendly, the waiter courteous. Food was delivered in the right order (salad first, etc) and was hot and delicious!

Visited February 2013
Clinton, Tennessee
“Love those ribs”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I feel that Ruby's has the best ribs of anywhere. I've had them at several places and none compare. The staff is always pleasant.

Visited December 2012
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“GOOD SALAD. TERRIBLE SERVICE.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went to Ruby Tuesdays because I had one of those direct mail coupons and was a member of their email club. Previous good experiences in other Ruby Tuesdays. This was MUCH different. They weren't busy, but what should have been a 45-minute lunch turned into a 90-minute lunch, because we spent the entire time waiting. I couldn't tell what was going on other than our waitress was spending most of her time in the kitchen. When she would finally come out, it was, "I'm so sorry you had to wait!" I just couldn't understand why we were waiting though? I think we were her only table. Well, she also didn't offer the shrimp fondue even though their standee said "If we don't offer the shrimp fondue, you get it free." And then, there was a hold-up with the coupon. Which, even though the coupon confusion may have been my fault, the manager didn't say, "Oh, well, since you have sat here most of your entire meal waiting, I will go ahead and help you out..." But, that did not happen... Alas resulting in a poor review and no return visits. I do miss their salad bar though, but I would much rather drive to a better Ruby Tuesdays for it.

Visited June 2012
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Greatest for a chain restaurant”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Great lunch the fish was great and the salad bar is the best in Oak Ridge. You gotta go there for lunch and dinner.