“Food awesome 3 out of 3 visits”
Review of The Other One

The Other One
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a gem of a restaurant hidden in the Grove Center shopping center in Oak Ridge. They have a TON of food choices...2 to 3 chalkboards worth to be exact! :) They have a wide variety of burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and even breakfast (?) if I am remembering correctly. Everything that my table has ordered has been great, even the coffee!!

The only weird things are: there is an older cashier that stares people down sometimes when she isn't busy-- uncomfortable!! and, you have to go behind the counter to fix your own drinks.

Otherwise, it's a fun place with awesome food!! Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is, as their printed menus says, pretty much a "dive." But a very tasty dive at that!

I went today for the first time and ordered the "Moss Madness" sandwich (grilled roast beef, sauteed jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, etc. on a grilled hamburger bun). Excellent! Plenty of beef, fresh (not pickled) jalapenos, served hot. Pretty spicy hot but very tasty, and the bread did not overwhelm the contents.

In addition, I asked if they could give me a couple of grilled crawfish, on the side, so I could see what they tasted like before I order their Crawfish Po Boy (next time). They grilled me up three of them and gave them to me, no charge. Good service!

The only "downside" is that the ordering process at the counter is very slow. The lunch line backed up very quickly. If you go at lunch, get there right at 11 a.m.

This place is well worth doing again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My Son and I drove 25 miles to eat here today. Why? The absolute best burgers and creative menu in Knoxville vicinity. It has that diner-dive feel to it, not the most modern decor you'll find but the food supercedes the atmosphere. I had the Tank, a double bacon cheese burger and my Son had the Tobin. Get this...it is a double bacon cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches as buns! For all those calorie and fat counters out there...sorry but some of us have to enjoy life from time to time. Check out the photos! Better yet, check out this place!

2  Thank FoodFindTN
Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you like your burgers hot, with carmelized beef and onions straight off the grill, loaded with fresh ingredients all served on a soft slightly sweet bun, then you will love THE OTHER ONE diner in Grove Center. The fries are fantastic too---go ahead an order the basket size. The fries will come to your table golden, crisp, and crunchy on the outside but with that first bite you might burn your tongue with the steamy potato center. YUM. And something in the food must be slighty magical--because this is the place where my family lingers after dinner for one more story, one more laugh, making one more memory.

1  Thank sueb102