“Horrible”

Hacienda Degollado
Ranked #15 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Only good thing I can say is service was good. Other than that, stay away. I ordered a chicken taco salad, it was like soup. Sent it back, same thing again. A little lettuce, 2 pieces of tomato, and a runny white sauce in bottom of bowl. Husband had beef taco, said there was no flavor, plate came wrapped in aluminum foil! Find somewhere else to eat!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

So we usually go to another Mexican restaurant here in Oak Ridge quite often, as we LOVE Mexican. We decided to try this one for a change. They used corn tortillas instead of flour, which we do not care for. The service was ok and our food came quickly, but it was not that great. My husband ordered the Enchiladas Supremas, & I had the Enchiladas Verdes. What also made us think twice as we were heading out the door was there health score, which was a C - yikes!

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food here is great, the staff is very friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. There are several Mexican restaurants in the Oak Ridge area, but this is by far my favorite. I usually just go here with my husband, but we have gone here a few times now with his parents and his sister's family when they have visited. They have always been able to seat our party of 8 very quickly, and we never have to wait long for our orders to come out. They have a kids menu too, so everyone is happy.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We couldn't believe how quickly the food was delivered to our table. Food was plentiful and tasty. Service was very responsive.

Only comment - the mole sauce isn't your typical Mexican chocolate brown, but rather more of a red sauce. Not bad - but different.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

In Oak Ridge for just one night, got a couple of local folks plus on-line good reviews of this place. A step above the usual that you find in most southern towns and small cities, but the same busy decor and busy menu. Good crowd but service was smooth, the usual combo platters plus some better more "authentic" entrees like mole and shrimp several ways. I had the grilled tacos, choosing one each of the beef, chicken, and carnitas (with pineapple chunks, nice!), served with a plate of unmemorable frijoles but nice side plate with chopped white onions, cilantro, and an interesting house-made hot sauce with a hint of mole. Very very good for $9.00 or so. My co-worker had the mushroom enchilada, she was pleased and said the shrooms were very fresh. Definitely would come back to try three or four other things on the menu. It was karaoke night, started a little early (6:15) so the noise level a bit much.