“It is OK”

Dean's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in historic Jackson Square. This property once housed Jackson Square pharmacy. After 55 years in the same family this property became available because the previous owners wished to retire. We were lucky to get it. We renovated and tried to keep as much of the original charm as possible. We hope you like it.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not real impressed-tried to buy a cake there-I guess I was doing myself a favor. Kinda sparse furnishings-staff seemed a little arrogant. Have not been back-most likely won't Emma Lou has better bakery.

2  Thank 865rambler
Dean R, Owner at Dean's Restaurant and Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I am so sorry you had that experience with us. My staff and I realize how important our customers are I assure you. I was dumbfounded when I read your review because I just could not have imagined what happened. Contact me and I will be happy to buy you a cake. I want you to know how important each and every customer is to me. Feel free to ask for Dean and I'll take care of the rest. I am sure we can find a cake that is a fit for you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The place used to be a pharmacy, but you would never be able to tell. There's always a wait, but it's well worth it. Great home cooked meals, large portions, amazing friendly staff and my husband's favorite...a large assortment of home made desserts!!!!! SAVE ROOM!!

Thanks for reviewing us. Well, I have to be honest, there's not always a wait but you are right most times there are. Use our call ahead feature and jump to the top of the list upon arrival. We love that Oak Ridge likes us enough for us to have a wait but I hate for my customers to wait too long. Come see us again and remember try the call ahead seating. No hassle, easy in, easy out.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Dean's is a little different than most restaurants in that it is located in an old pharmacy, nothing fancy and not a huge menu but everything on it is excellent and a large portion. I especially like the catfish and grilled asparagus. Reasonable prices and the help is very good. Their deserts are homemade and a large selection each day. The only drawback for me is they do not serve alcohol but you can brownbag if you wish. I am never disappointed when I dine at Dean's.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself while dining in my restaurant. Yes of course, you can brown bag and we like the fact that people can enjoy a bottle of their favorite wine at 30% of what they would have to pay for it at some of the other local restaurants. That is a huge savings for our customers. Bring your wine any time. Please come see us again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

As an Oak Ridge resident, I am always proud and confidant in recommending Dean's to visitors. The food is unpretentious and delicious, from salads through to dessert. I'm usually torn between the delicately-treated fried catfish and the hearty pot roast. And it makes it tougher to choose when I arrive there on meatloaf day. Healthy, tasty, straightforward fare served by pleasant people paying attention.

1  Thank AnnieGG120

We are glad you feel good enough about our restaurant to tell your friends. We don't advertise so all of our business is word of mouth. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Dean's is always spot on. Not a big menu but all wonderful dishes from pot roast to turkey and dressing to pork loin to chicken tenders. Always a good selection of sides and the best desserts around. This is your best choice in Oak Ridge.

1  Thank rich-queenie

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We always use fresh ingredients and our customers let us know they appreciate it. Come see us again.