“Where the locals go for good food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dean's Restaurant and Bakery

Dean's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are located in historic Jackson Square. This property once housed Jackson Square pharmacy. After 55 years in the same family this property became available because the previous owners wished to retire. We were lucky to get it. We renovated and tried to keep as much of the original charm as possible. We hope you like it.
“Where the locals go for good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Dean's is always spot on. Not a big menu but all wonderful dishes from pot roast to turkey and dressing to pork loin to chicken tenders. Always a good selection of sides and the best desserts around. This is your best choice in Oak Ridge.

1 Thank rich-queenie
Dean R, Owner at Dean's Restaurant and Bakery, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We always use fresh ingredients and our customers let us know they appreciate it. Come see us again.

“Pie, glorious pie...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place makes the best chocolate meringue pie I have ever tasted. This pie will change your life.
The food is generally quite good and obviously selected and made with care, but occasionally there seems to be a little inconsistency. Even so, I think they deserve support and will keep going and trying different things on the menu. Anything to keep them in business making THAT PIE.

Did I mention I liked the pie?

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am glad you like the pie. We use a lot of chocolate in it along with other wholesome goodies. Come see us again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Awesome Carol R-K”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was in Oak Ridge to meet a class reunion group. Stopped in Deans for several to-gos to bring back to Knoxville. Anytime I am in O.R. I go to Deans. The food I have had is so good it makes my mouth water to think about. I always get the pot roast, or the chicken tenders. Real hand cut fries are fabulous, greens, potato salad, scalloped potatoes, pintos, have been veggies I have had.All wonderful. My husband likes the grilled pork loin...tasted it myself, liked it real well. I do tend to order the same things when I find things I love. I love this place, it was a hang out when I went to Jefferson Jr. High. Feels so good to be there with the best food in Oak Ridge, and a bakery for a bonus. You must give this place a visit. Salads, sandwiches, burgers, meat and three. They have it all. Plus BYOB. Staff so nice and friendly

• Visited January 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

The atmosphere is casual and quaint. I love the decor and the food. The owners and staff are all wonderful. The price is superb for dinner and desserts. If you are in the historic area of Oak Ridge then you should take the time to experience Dean's.

• Visited January 2014
Knoxville, TN
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is wonderful, it was hard to make an entre choice, all the offerings were enticing and artful (I am still mentally apologizing to the mother whose pot roast recipe I passed up in favor of the pulled pork - next time ma'am, really). The portions generous, waitstaff friendly and helpful. The desserts... This place is a real find. We'll be back.

1 Thank hhallm