“It's inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.”

Dean's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in historic Jackson Square. This property once housed Jackson Square pharmacy. After 55 years in the same family this property became available because the previous owners wished to retire. We were lucky to get it. We renovated and tried to keep as much of the original charm as possible. We hope you like it.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“It's inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I read a few reviews that were positive and decided to give this place a try. I like local restaurants so my hopes were high. The restaurant is very small, but the atmosphere is pretty cool. The problem is the food is as cheap as the prices. The biggest issue I had was the salmon was clearly frozen and not fresh. It was mealy and didn't flake apart like fresh salmon should.

1 Thank foodchic49
Dean R, Owner at Dean's Restaurant and Bakery, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Sorry you didn't like your salmon. We never ever use frozen salmon or frozen anything for that matter. Come eat with us and I believe you change your mind. Hope so. Thanks

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been a fan of the chef for years when he was involved with other restaurants and the food is just as delicious as ever. The service is fast and friendly, the food comes out piping hot and well seasoned and the desserts are to die for. And... prices are modest.

1 Thank Fisherking137
Hey thanks! I appreciate the fact that you have been to my other restaurants and definitely appreciate you coming and seeing us here. Hope to see you soon.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Food is very good, and service is good also, prices are very reasonable. Only drawback is they fill up fast at lunchtime, and not always enough seating available.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for coming in to see us. We have expanded as of August 1 so the wait has been cut substantially. I appreciate all of our customers who have had to wait for a seat but hopefully you won't have to wait near as long as before. Thanks for the review!
Clinton, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food, Great Service!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our office is right next door to Dean's and our staff eats here several times a week. Their food is always great, fresh, and made correctly. The staff is friendly and service is quick. Some of our favorites are the Chocolate Fried Pies, Tennessee Pulled Pork, and the hamburgers!! YUM!

1 Thank TylerPyle
Thanks for the review. I too like the fried chocolate pies. Look forward to seeing you soon.
“Best food and service in east tn!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I eat at dean's at least twice a week the food is amazing and the service is always excellent. The fried catfish is the best I've ever eaten. Everything is always Fresh and cooked to perfection.

• Visited August 2013
We sell a ton of the catfish. It's so simple and it is so good. Thanks for eating with us we really appreciate the support.