“Very Good! Worth a trip for sure =)”

Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in historic Jackson Square. This property once housed Jackson Square pharmacy. After 55 years in the same family this property became available because the previous owners wished to retire. We were lucky to get it. We renovated and tried to keep as much of the original charm as possible. We hope you like it.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Very Good! Worth a trip for sure =)”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Deans Restaurant in Jackson Square in Oak Ridge has really great food and a good atmosphere! And the desserts are really great too, if you have room! We usually get ours to go. =)

Business Hours:

M-F 11am-8pm
Sat 4pm-8pm
Sun Closed

• Visited November 2012
Dean R, Owner at Dean's Restaurant and Bakery, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hey,
Just wanted to say thanks for the great review and we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Please let know if ever we don't live up to your expectations.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Open, airy spot with excellent food!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had lunch here with friends for the first time last week. I'd heard only good things about Dean's, so my expectations were high. And I was not disappointed! I had the catfish with wood-grilled corn, and I was completely amazed by both. I will be back!

Hey,
Just wanted to thank you for the review. Glad you liked us enough to take the time to post.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had lunch at Dean's yesterday and based on reviews I was hopeful and excited to try it. I was disappointed. I ordered the turkey club sandwich with the deviled eggs as a side dish. The sandwich was so ordinary and almost tasteless. I ate the bread and boxed the remainder to bring home. The eggs were really bad! You get two halves as a side, but one bite was enough. I don't know why you would change a tried and true "southern" staple into something unrecognizable and gross. Their offering of sweet tea is also dissappointing. It is a mixture of tea and heavy fruit juice. Once again, why mess with a southern staple? Others dining with me ordered the million dollar spaghetti, the fried catfish, entre salads and the soup of the day. The catfish looked really good as did the salads. However there were no comments from my friends on these dishes and I notice they left alot of food on their plates. The comment on the soup was that it wasn't anything special and the spaghetti was just "OK". I will go back to give it another try and to try a dessert. They looked awesome.

Hello,
Just wanted to take a minute and thank you for the review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations but I hope you will try us again.

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“My new favorite Oak Ridge restaurant”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've now been to Dean's 5 times, and each time I have been impressed with the quality of the food and how courteous the staff is. Try the ribs - they have them as a special every now and again.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jayemine
Tennessee
“Fun casual easy meal”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Dean's is large room, with a bakery on one side, and table scattered (sparsely) around a room dominated by the view into the busy kitchen. The menu is simple, with additional weekly specials on the chalk board wall. The food has a wholesome, home cooked feel, and is reasonably priced. $7, or 7$ depending on the number of sides.
The salmon is a great value, and grilled in a nice marinade. Wait staff professional, and friendly.

Visited November 2012