“Over Rated”
Review of new china palace

new china palace
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

While visiting Oak Ridge, I decided to try this restaurant based on the reviews. I have usually been pleasantly surprised by Trip Advisor recommendations, but this was not one of those times. The soup was okay. I asked for the egg roll to be hot and crispy, but it came out under cooked, which made it luke warm and doughy. The only reason Icdid not return it was because I had already cut into the product. The entree was just okay, but their version of "fried rice" looked more like white rice with peas and corn.

As for the service, I was constantly waiting for the items I ordered. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give the service a 2 at best!

The owner or manager (not sure which one he was), NEVER came over to check on how I was enjoying my meal.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Food is good, portions are large, service runs hot and cold. Not a huge fan of Chinese food to begin with, so that may color my view a little,

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent fresh food. If you live here you know the place, if visitors you must go. Always fresh! Still located on the beautiful river and will hate to see them move. But atleast they will remain open. One if the best restaurants in Iak Ridge and not a chain, so they still care about food quality and service.

2  Thank Kristi I
Reviewed April 25, 2013

When I was a teenager and moved to Oak Ridge, I was told by my parents I was never to go to the China Inn, This of course just made me more curious. I was told that the dick dishes they served were from Melton Lake and hung out to dry. Poeple said rat that was served as a lot of pork dishes, I will never believe it. The food was very good. Couldn't see kitchen but dining room could have been vacuumed more often. I liked it and hate it is moving from its present location.

1  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Having lived in several large cities, and being something of a snob about Chinese food, It has taken many visits for me to become comfortable with the overall consistency, pleasant staff, and generally good Chinese fare.. Yes, you can do better in nearby Knoxville, but it is sometimes much more cozy and comfortable to stay local. If you like spicy, try Uncle Joe's Chicken.....
It is a shame that over the years they have not taken more advantage of their incredible lakeside view. We wish them well when they relocate to town......