All reviews home away from home great place to stay stayed here westgate maintenance unit property
Reviewed August 5, 2018

It can be a challenge living in a hotel/lodging away from home for a month! Thanks to this lodging, my stay was very pleasant aand it felt safe. I stayed in a 1-bedroom unit in the second floor, nicely spacious for 1 person and even 2. Kitchen comes fully equipped (you can start to cook right away if you have all the ingredients). The unit is fully furnished. Gary and Cindy are amazing and they were very quick in writing back to me every time. There is a washer/dryer in the lodging that functions with quarters. If you happen to visit Oak Ridge, be it the lab or the smokies, I strongly recommend to choose this lodging.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2018

My husband and I stayed here for almost a year when we were transitioning from another city. They offer short term and long term housing. I highly recommend the place. The management staff is excellent and the housekeeping and maintenance people are great. The property is well maintained inside and out and the great thing is that they allow pets. It is also very quiet and management is quick to respond to any problems.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017

My family and friends live in Jupiter FL and we were in a mandatory evacuation zone for Hurricane Irma 9/2017. We loaded up 5 cars with 13 adults, 5 children, 1 infant and 4 pets and headed north towards Georgia. There were no hotels available anywhere! So.... I called my friend who owns the Westgate Lodge in Oakridge TN to see if there were 5 rooms available. They only had 2 rooms available so we booked them and headed for TN. By the time we arrived (19+ hours later OUCH), Westgate was able to get us all 5 rooms! The property managers personally stopped by to be sure we had everything we needed. We ended up staying 1 week and made the best out of the last moment trip. The children swam in the pool, fished in the creek behind the buildings, hiked on the trails across the street! The cleaning staff was great, and the property is well maintained. And it gets BETTER! When we went into the office to check out, the property managers asked us to sign some FEMA forms and that the cost of the stay would be paid for by FEMA. Westgate Lodge saved our family and we will be forever grateful for all they did! Home away from home!

Room tip: The poolside rooms offer the best view.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
FredDeFalco, Owner at Oak Ridge Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to be a part in helping all the families during this stressful time for everyone.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I can't say enough about WestGate Lodging. From the time you arrive you are treated like family. Gary and Cindy (the Property Managers) go above and beyond to make sure you are enjoying your stay. The maintenance man (Mr. Mike) is right there night or day when you have a maintenance issue. And housekeeping always makes sure you are happy with the services they provide. The grounds are beautiful, especially the courtyard. You will always run into Gary or Cindy walking the property and they will take time to sit and chat with you. You can tell they love this place. They treat this place like they own it. I have never stayed anywhere else where I felt so welcome. I can't wait until my next visit to Oak Ridge so I can stay at WestGate Lodging again. Its like a home away from home.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Cindy M, Manager at Oak Ridge Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Brandi,
Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed having you here. I will make sure the entire staff sees your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cindy McDaniel

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Excellent cost-quality performance. It is a non-smoking facility. The room is clean and well maintained. The kitchen is well equipped. The 24/7 laundry facility access is fantastic. WiFi connection is good. No problem with the out-of-business time arrival and departure.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
FredDeFalco, Owner at Oak Ridge Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for your review of WestGate Lodging. Sorry for our delayed reply. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back if you return to Oak Ridge.